Role Title - SAP S/4HANA IT Enterprise Business Partner – Order and Distribution to Cash
Global S4Hana Programme
Location – Luton, Macclesfield UK, Gartuna SE, Chennai IN, Wilmington US.
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
AstraZeneca (AZ) is in a period of strong growth and our employees have a united purpose to make a difference to patients around the world who need both our medicines and the ongoing developments from our science. In this journey AZ must continue to work across borders and with partners and new colleagues in a fast and seamless way. The ambition, size and complexity of the organisation, coupled with the opportunities afforded by new technology, has led the Board to approve a large scale transformation of the IT landscape by the replacement of current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems with one global solution.
Our current technology is used by more than 20,000 employees daily, is foundational to all AZ entities and is central to most core business processes. This programme provides the opportunity for real transformation and to shape the way of working globally for many years to come.
This programme requires the best. Whether it be the technical skills, business understanding or change leadership, we want to ensure we have the strongest team deployed throughout. The programme seeks to deliver a world class change programme that leaves all employees with a fuller understanding of their role in the end-to-end nature of our global company. This programme will provide AZ with a competitive edge, to the benefits of its employees and patients.
What you’ll do
The S/4 HANA Enterprise Business Partner will develop strategic relationships within the programme alongside the Enterprise Process Owner (EPO) for Order and Distribution to Cash. The role will identify ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives. The Enterprise Business Partner will drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to create maximum competitive advantage in line with the requirements of the EPO domain and desired business outcomes.
The role will combine their AZ internal knowledge, in-depth understanding of the business area direction and IT expertise to drive the creation of innovative technology solutions.
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders in your EPO domain, partnering closely with the EPO in all sales, distribution and cash related activities, including supporting processes such as rebate management and global trade
- Responsible for developing a robust solution design based on a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction and EPO domain outcomes covering a range of technologies
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with programme design strategy and a fit-to-standard approach leveraging in depth experience in line of business and core SAP solutions and other products
- Manages alignment of existing Business Technology Group portfolios and ensuring senior BTG stakeholders are consulted/informed of design decisions and processes within the S/4HANA programme
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan contributing to the design for interim states during a multi-year global deployment
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Work collaboratively with:
EPO and Technology leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT design activities and their impact on strategy, programmes and associated challenges in your domain BTG Portfolio Managers and business areas to drive effective prioritization and business alignment of investments working alongside changes in your domain driven by the S/4HANA programme Business performance leaders to ensure investments deliver forecast benefits and business outcomes SI partner leads to ensure efficient and effective partnership in delivery of solution design IT BP teams to ensure identification of synergies and cross-business innovative opportunities Architecture leaders in the development of technical strategies and blue-prints as applicable to your domain Solution delivery and service leads to ensure business expectations are fulfilled
Essential for the role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
Desirable for the role
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
- Knowledge of the S/4 and wider SAP application roadmap as it is relevant to your line of business and the ability to translate that roadmap in to the AZ strategic view
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP S/4HANA configuration requirements in the relevant areas/process domain
- Strong organizational and process design skills
Applications open – 28th of November 2023
Applications close – 28th of December 2023
At Astrazeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imaging yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and hope its yours
- If you’re curious to know more then we welcome your application no later than
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.