Role Title - S/4HANA IT Product Manager – Toll and Third Party Sales
Global Axial Programme (S/4 HANA)
Location – Macclesfield or Luton UK, Sodatalje SE, Chennai IN or Guadalajara MEX
Role & Project Scope
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
The S/4HANA IT Product Manager is a role that owns the solution design for a specific business capability or part of a cross functional component. The role is a key position on S/4HANA IT design team taking a central role in defining the global design template for AstraZeneca in line with our ambition of Fit to Standard using SAP best practice as far as possible. You will be a member of a wider SAP S/4HANA IT Design Team that will lead on defining the IT solution that will support our global standardised business processes.
The IT Product Manager will be specifically aligned to a capability associated with one of the Enterprise Process Owner (EPO) domains or in some cases a cross-domain capability. During the global process design phase, you will own the solution design for your domain and act as the central pivot point for defining the integrated solution for your capability, ensuring integration between business process definition, SAP solution definition and SAP data objects definition. In some cases you will lead a team of business analysts in your functional domain, providing cross functional support to other domains where relevant.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the global standard solution is fully and accurately documented and tested according to project standards and will champion the design through the required governance forums. You will work closely with other Enterprise Business Partners, others Product Managers and experts across the design team to ensure that the solutions are effectively integrated in to a wider AstraZeneca global standard design. This will also include working with SMEs from our external partners to ensure that the AZ solution adopts standard and leading-edge technology in fulfilling the design.
You will be a key member of the wider design forums within AZ and will ensure that the global standard design for your capability aligns with the strategic vision for both business and system architecture in your EPO capability area.
As the project moves to the deployment phase you will continue to play a pivotal role in ensuring that the localisation requirements of individual countries are properly represented in the solution whilst retaining the integrity of a fit to standard best practice solution. You will also support the deployment teams with landing the business change journey and ensuring successful migration and cutover to the standard design for each entity. You will be a key participant in hypercare management, ensuring that any issues related to your capability are resolved in a timely and effective way.
Throughout the project you will be a key member for the design team and may lead a team of Business Analysts for your capability area and will guide them in generating solution designs and project documentation ensuring that you use your experience and knowledge to upskill your team in both SAP S/4HANA and the wider AZ application landscape.
In the role of IT Product Manager – SAP Toll Manufacturing you will bring your knowledge and experience of toll planning, supply and manufacturing activities to the fore in system solution design for new best practice processes. To complete the supply chain solution, knowledge of third party sales processing is also required to bring a product through to the external market.
- Lead the IT solution that underpins the global standard process design for your capability / lead area including any integrations
- Accountable for matching the system design, adopting best practice, to the business capability requirements in your domain/area
- Work closely with the business teams in the process design to ensure alignment with S/4HANA best practice and SAP standard functionality
- Able to represent your process domain on senior internal and external forums as required in your capability domain and support setting the strategic direction contributing any solution/technology opportunities
- Support the data team to ensure successful migration / creation of data objects that support the AZ global design across the application landscape
- Ensure effective prioritisation of activities in line with the overall deployment strategy and project imperatives in alignment with Business Technology Group portfolios and BAU services
- Accountable for the alignment of existing and new BTG projects with the overall solution design in your domain/capability area
- Work with the AZ Architecture teams to ensure that the solution and data design align with the strategic view for IT applications
- Work with the Integration teams to ensure effective delivery of data integration across the IT landscape
- Ensure latest industry and SAP functionalities are proactively considered within your capability and the wider program
- Document and test the solution design in accordance with AZ compliance standards
- Develop and manage detailed plans for delivery within your capability and ensure these plans are aligned with wider project plans, including BTG projects and small change
- Report on status of activity to plan and manage RAID items in your area, rolling up to the Enterprise domain
- Champion the design for your capability through the appropriate governance forums
- Represent IT as an SME and leader at respective program and business data forums
Essential skills for the role
- Strong understanding of Pharmaceutical business activities and toll manufacturing activities in particular.
- Recognised SME in SAP and associated technologies and functionalities with a proven track record of delivering complex designs for a large business transformation project
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills with Business and IT areas with a demonstrated capability to influence key partner groups
- Evidence of building high performing teams in a matrix environment
- Strong team player able to work across the program team and communicate in business and IT terms
- Comfortable with ambiguity and possessing an agile and open mindset
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver IT change across multiple locations and/or Business Functions including ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Knowledge of the S/4 and wider SAP application roadmap as it is relevant to your line of business and the ability to translate that roadmap in to the AZ strategic view
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP S/4HANA configuration requirements in the relevant areas/process domain
- Strong organizational design skills and workshop preparation
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Knowledge of standard project tools like JIRA, Smartsheets, Solman and MS Office
- Adaptable approach balancing technical detail with agility in problem solving
Desirable for the role
- Certification in specific SAP S/4HANA lines of business or willingness to complete such certification
- Worked in a hybrid environment with a mix of internal and external resources in multiple geographical locations
- Knowledge of non-SAP technologies in the relevant line of business/capability area
- S/4HANA implementations for complex global organisations from Design to completion of Deployment
Applications open – 8th of August 2023
Applications close – 29th of August 2023
At Astrazeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imaging yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and hope its yours
- If you’re curious to know more then we welcome your application no later than
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.