The successful candidate should have a proven track record of experience in mammalian cell culture and the development and execution of a wide range of functional cell- and plate-based assays. They must be self-motivated and a careful and methodical worker with excellent attention to detail. They should also be able to organise and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. In addition, the successful candidate should have a proven track record of project leadership. They will have strong communication skills and be an exceptional team-worker. The ability to prioritise work within a fast paced, dynamic and demanding scientific environment to meet challenging deadlines is essential. This full-time role is based at the Babraham Research Campus and is predominantly lab based.
- Design and execution of a wide range of in vitro assays including, but not limited to, functional cell-based assays and immunoassays.
- Leading project(s) to timely completion.
- Delivery of high-quality experimental reports to tight deadlines.
- Draw on scientific knowledge and experience to contribute to existing projects.
- Presentation and reporting of work to internal project teams and external clients
- PhD (with ideally 3+ years post-PhD laboratory experience) with a strong background in designing and performing a wide range of bespoke complex functional cell-based assays and immunoassays OR lower level of qualification AND extensive relevant experience.
- Strong project leadership skills with a proven track record of leading projects to timely completion.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with a proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
- Proactive approach to learning and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to review and assimilate new information rapidly and effectively.
- Proven experience in data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry and western blotting.
- Experience of working in a commercial/biotech environment.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme, company pension and company benefit package (life assurance, critical illness and medical insurance).
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK without the need for sponsorship.
RxCelerate values and actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
No recruitment agencies please.