Senior AP/AR Specialist
6-month fixed-term contract
Great Abington, Cambridgeshire
You will have some experience as a customer focused AP specialist, and this will stand you in good stead to work in this detail orientated, fast-paced team. You will have experience working with Concur, SAP expenses software systems and enjoy detail orientated work. You will enjoy working in a proactive manner and look to solve problems as well as work from your own initiative. Of course, you will have the support of the team to progress your learning as well as your career.
The Senior AP specialist is an essential role as we grow and develop as a company, and to be successful in this role you will have some understanding of online receipt vouchering and vendor statement reconciliation. You will be able to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment and be open to change and the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment
If you want to push boundaries and join a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, this role could be for you. If you want a brilliant, fast-paced, mission-driven environment, then Illumina is the place for you.
In the role you will be responsible to check and verify cost accounting, accounts payable records, prepare invoices and vouchers, types, files, posts ledger and general journal entries, and/or balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records. You will use our office automated systems to input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
Responsibilities will include
- Process invoices in a timely manner
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- P-Card processing
- Monitor AP email inbox
- Monitor the GRIR account, investigating any aged items
- Review and investigate aged invoice/credit items
- Analyse open invoices to record monthly accruals
- Resolve invoice discrepancies by working with Procurement and other departments in compliance with SOX requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Preparation of both system generated and manual supplier payment runs
- Efficiently deal with queries both internally and externally
- Ad-hoc duties to support the team.
Preferred background, skills, and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy.
- Experience with Concur/SAP/expenses software is highly desirable
- Working towards a professional accounting is desirable
- Demonstrable skills gained within a similar role are required.
- Customer service focused.
- Team collaboration working to achieve object
- Responsible for upholding internal controls.
- Knowledge of online receipt vouchering and vendor statement reconciliation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
What can you expect
With Illumina you can expect a highly competitive salary accompanied by a market leading benefits package. You will be part of the global leader in the Sequencing industry where you will find robust growth opportunities and career development within Illumina.
Our team members are bright, energetic, and dedicated - they are the driving force behind our innovation and impact. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive employee benefits program. We view it as a smart investment in our people, one that recognizes the tremendous value they bring to our business every day. At Illumina, we push boundaries. We think beyond the conventional. We dream big. With the energy of so many bright and accomplished people, the opportunities are endless.