An opportunity has become available at University of Cambridge for an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a background in the delivery of digital products and services.
This role is part of University Information Services (UIS). We work collaboratively with colleagues in departments, colleges, and other institutions to provide a range of IT services to support the needs of all users at the University. You will join a growing team of Business Analysts, User Researchers, Product Managers & Designers working to transform products and services used by the University's staff and students.
As Senior Business Analyst you will make sense of our most complex landscapes, working with stakeholders to ascertain true business needs. Investigating the impact of potential changes on existing systems, as well as conflicts and synergies with other in-flight or planned work, you will present thoroughly considered options and recommend the optimum course of action. You will have line management responsibility for up to four Business Analysts.
This is a permanent role split between University Information Services' modern offices on the West Cambridge Site and working from home. We offer flexibility of working hours together with a generous pension and holiday allowance.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will:
- Carry out Business Analysis on projects, products or services of large scale and/or high complexity.
- Actively lead scoping and planning of Business Analysis work in the area you are assigned, overseeing the work of other Business Analysts.
- Select, adopt, and adapt the appropriate methods, tooling and techniques based on predictive (plan-driven) or adaptive (agile) approaches.
- Work with stakeholder groups to understand their business needs and identify their communication and relationship needs related to change management.
- Have line management responsibility for up to four Business Analysts within the team.
Are you the right candidate?
- You're comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and are able to work as high-level, or as detailed, as the task requires.
- You're adept at working with stakeholders at all levels.
- You have a wealth of experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team to shape and build digital products and services.
- You have expert knowledge and extensive experience applying business analysis tools and techniques.
- Line management experience or a keen desire to develop others.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a health assessment.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to apply for this position. If you have any queries before applying, please contact Carys.Hayler@uis.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference VC40355 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.