Why join Marshall in this role.
Based in the UK, with operations in Canada, Marshall Land Systems specialises in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence and security operations across the globe. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Cost Engineer to join the Engineering team to lead cost down activities across Marshall Land Systems.
The Senior Cost Engineer will be accountable for successful implementation of appropriate cost saving opportunities to meet cost targets, while maintaining compliance with legislative and contracted requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the engineering, planning, production and supply chain teams to identify opportunities for cost reduction, and drive value engineered solutions.
- Working with engineering team and suppliers to analyse, challenge, and influence product designs from raw material selection to manufacturing process options.
- Gathering data, developing, and validating cost models to ensure should-cost estimates are robust
- Leading the engineering team to deliver most cost effective design and process changes, which are safe and compliant to requirements and statutory legislation.
- Managing system configuration and change control.
- Collating verification evidence and present argument to obtain customer acceptance.
- Managing systems costs and track against target cost savings
- Defining and managing engineering work packages to deliver cost saving solutions to schedule and budget, and report progress to senior management.
- Leading engagement with the engineering team, procurement and production, and develop strong working relationships.
- Promoting and upholding the company values and procedures.
- Promoting and adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental best practice.
- Working to standards, processes & procedures to ensure rigour, resilience and continuous improvement.
- Ensuring lessons learnt and best practice are shared across the business to support continuous improvement and consistency.
- Reviewing system BOM cost breakdown and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Holding team reviews of system designs and current process to identify cost saving proposals.
- Defining work packages and tasking documentation, including design approaches, budget and timescales to deliver cost saving initiatives.
- Leading regular drumbeats across cost saving initiatives to ensure delivery of cost saving initiatives to schedule.
- Producing, or reviewing and approving engineering calculations or documentation to substantiate product design changes.
- Producing, or reviewing and approving technical specifications for sub-contract suppliers.
- Producing, or reviewing and approving test schedules / reports and lead testing activities.
- Producing, or reviewing and approving configuration management and manage product change.
- Leading verification activities to confirm system compliance.
- Managing team performance to ensure delivery to schedule and budget.
- Tracking system costs and provide metrics on cost performance.
Apply if you have most of the following:
- Sound understanding of engineering principles.
- Good understanding of materials, processes, technical applications, tooling.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and outside of the business.
- Ability to work accurately and at pace.
- Sound understanding of product safety, standards, technical risk management.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing techniques, including riveting, bonding, fabricating.
- Strong Degree in finance, business, engineering, IT, mathematics, science or economics related discipline or industry experience
- Project based cost engineering.
- Planning and delivery to schedules.
- Team & stakeholder management.
Other benefits we will offer you include:
- Extensive flexible benefit programme including Cycle to Work
- Life assurance at 4x basic salary
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Paid volunteering leave
- Access to industry leading wellbeing resources and tools
Marshall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marshall Group is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here.