We are the CPU Technology team, part of the Arm Central Technology Group. This diverse, engineering-centric group invents, defines and architects technologies to assist development of tomorrow's IP solutions from Arm. We shape next-generation Arm CPUs, creating new concepts that will power billions of devices worldwide.
Are you a forward-thinking, passionate engineer motivated by the challenge of investigating and defining this ground-breaking technology? If so, we look forward to learning more about you!
Analysing CPU performance using models, emulators and real devices to understand the bottlenecks we need to break through
Developing our understanding of the competitive landscape and identifying key missing technologies at Arm, particularly for future solutions like Computer Vision and Machine Learning
Proposing new technologies or investigations to improve our products and understanding
Supporting the implementation of new technologies for our CPUs with the CPU experts within Arm, to remain competitive in terms of performance and efficiency
Communicating your technical results with the Arm business teams.
Required Skills and Experience :
- A university degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or another appropriate field
- A passion to innovate, think differently, and explore new avenues
- Experience developing software and/or hardware, particularly C/C++ and Arm assembly
- Confident developing in Linux environments with experience in shell and Python/Perl scripting
- Self-motivated and independent, curious to learn, and eager to work with others. Able to work efficiently alone and in team that spans groups and countries
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
“Nice To Have” :
- Experience of CPU performance analysis
- Comfortable working on immature technologies and following up the latest advances in science
- Working knowledge of sophisticated CPU techniques, such as branch prediction or pre-fetchers
- Software optimisation experience in domains like HPC, machine learning, Android applications, Linux kernel.
We work directly with engineers across the company to architect next-generation CPUs. The work impacts our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and lively team and give direction to your own work.
Arm provides a positive working environment including hybrid working between home and office. Employees receive a competitive reward package including company equity but also benefit from access to facilities such as the gym and canteen.
This role can be based either Arm's headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, UK, or in Arm's design centre set between the mountains and the sea in Sophia Antipolis, France.