Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Remote - UK
Hours: 4-day working week (work for 4, get paid for 5)
Wonde is an innovative, fast-growing, Ed-tech scale-up based in Newmarket, Cambridgeshire.
We work with over 24,000 schools internationally and support the delivery of new technologies within the education sector to help improve students' lives.
We do this by bridging the gap between third party applications and schools with our API platform. The platform allows Wonde to extract data from a school, store it in the cloud and then provide third-party applications access.
We’re committed to changing students' lives and want your help to continue driving the ed-tech sector forward.
We’re looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing and talented engineering team to help us build the future of Wonde. As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at Wonde, you will lead the assessment and continuous improvement of security at Wonde. We use modern cloud-based technologies in Amazon Web Services, perform regular PEN testing and take security seriously, but we know that we could do more and want you to help us with this.
You will be given the autonomy and freedom to set the security agenda and be really hands-on in understanding and improving all areas of our security. We’d like someone with deep technical knowledge and skills who wishes to utilise them daily.
What you'll be doing:
- Keeping a constant eye on our security, pro-actively looking for new threats and addressing issues that might occur
- Attempting to find new or different ways to breach our software by adapting attacks to bypass our controls and being relentless at finding novel methods to compromise us
- Being aware of ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials certification requirements and making sure we are doing better than the minimum required for these
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new and existing software and infrastructure to ensure security is at the forefront of our thinking
- Identifying new ways of working, technology and processes to improve security
What we're hoping you'll bring:
- Strong experience with cybersecurity, ideally as a white-hat hacker or PEN tester
- Understanding how to champion a DevSecOps culture within an engineering team
- Experience with cloud hosting providers - AWS (desirable)
- The capabilities and desire to help a scaling business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with an innovative mindset
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and driving forward the work from conception to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively and to interact efficiently with others
Technologies we use:
- PHP with Laravel (our language and framework of choice)
- My SQL databases (really big and globally distributed ones)
- Amazon Web Services (from RDS to Lamda, we love tech!)
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working schedule/work from home opportunities
- Onsite gym and well-being (quiet room) facilities
- Buying and selling holiday scheme (unlimited)
- Additional holiday for length of service
- Annual allowance for volunteering days
- Monthly lunch club (on us)
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (think meditation retreats and continuous access to wellbeing apps/initiatives)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Electric car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye examination scheme
- Financial contribution to the set up of work from home environments
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of apple products
- Frequent company-funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!