⚡️ WHY ALTIUM?
Altium is transforming the way electronics are designed and built. From startups to world’s technology giants, our digital platforms give more power to PCB designers, supply chain, and manufacturing, letting them collaborate as never before.
- Constant innovation has created a transformative technology, unique in its space
- More than 30,000 companies and 100,000 electronics engineers worldwide use Altium
- We are growing, debt-free, and financially strong, with the resources to become #1 in the EDA industry
We’re looking for a SENIOR DATA ANALYST who has strong analytical, communication and technical skills to join us at Altium and build a motivated, high-performing site that delivers value to our customers.
You've been working as a Data Analyst for at least five years, leading and shaping an online site growing site traffic and performance. You want to deliver the best analysis to help identify improvements for the site and for your users then work closely with the product manager and development team to realize them. You have a strong sense of empathy, build trust and provide clarity around your team's mission to enable you to succeed together.
Join us on a mission of innovation as we are fundamentally changing the way electronics-based products are being created. Since 1985, Altium has led the development, marketing, and sales of several of the world’s most popular Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design software tools — but that’s just the starting point for what we aim to do.
Among other responsibilities, our R&D team in Cambridge is responsible for Octopart.com, the world’s leading electronic part search engine that is the industry’s go-to tool for quickly searching through millions of components. The R&D team is over 35 people, based mainly around Cambridge, but also with staff in the United States and Europe. Altium has over 1,000 employees globally.
- This role is based in our Cambridge Science Park offices with flexibility to either work onsite or remotely in the UK with once per month office visits.
- You will be part of a cross-functional team of 8 people, including product managers, UX specialists, backend and frontend software engineers, and will report to the Head of Product for Nexar.
- In partnership with your stakeholders and the team’s engineering manager, you will define, plan and prioritize the analysis work that provides measurable outcomes for our users.
- You will be expected to contribute to the overall product direction and roadmap and you should have enough technical experience to be able to articulate and reason at a high level.
- You have experience of designing a high-traffic, user-facing website,ideally a price comparison service, with millions of visitors a week.
- You have worked in a highly technical, growing software company.
- Your experience includes working in an Agile environment.
These are our expectations of a Senior Data Analyst at Altium, grouped by the three pillars of the role:
- Be able to communicate your intent and ideas clearly to your team
- Helps other team members grow
- Gives specific, actionable feedback
- Understands and manage different priorities from stakeholders
- Helps the team resolve conflicts
- Fosters relationships across the organization
- Willing to work closely with external stakeholders and customers
- Celebrates successes
- Accountable for delivering details analysis from the data sources for Octopart.com
- Runs regular reviews and research of the site user journeys
- Works with engineering managers and delivery teams
- Aligns with other Data Analysts across Altium
- Communicates openly on progress
- Documents processes
- Provides clarity and the big picture
- Puts the customer first
- Drives continuous improvement
- Proficient with Tableau and Looker (Software)
- Good understanding of Data Architecture and Engineering
- Understands how to optimize for goal completions and transactions
- Able to define and report on metrics to improve performance and outcomes
If you are excited by our mission and your values match what we are looking for, please apply to our hiring team. We believe in being transparent about our interview process, below:
- The first stage is a phone call with our internal talent team to ask about your experience and to make sure we’re a good fit for each other.
- Next is a one-hour video interview with your future manager who will dig deeper into your experience and assess how you align to the role. They will ask for examples to illustrate your answers.
- You will then have a one-hour interview with members of the Octopart product delivery team and one of the current Data Analysts.
- Finally you will have a final 45-minute interview with the VP Product & Engineering and HR director to assess alignment with our team and company values.
- 🏥 Private health insurance via Axa (+ subsidized family cover)
- 🌅 Pension scheme via Aviva, matched up to 9% of salary
- 🧘 Mental health and wellbeing support via Nilo.health
- 📚 Professional development of up to £3,500 per year
- 🏖️ 28 days' holiday + public holidays
- Home internet allowance of £40 per month
- 🥪 Free lunch, snacks and drinks every day in office
- 🚗 Free parking at our Cambridge office
🎯 WHAT MATTERS TO US
- BIG-THINKING in pursuit of purpose
- DIVERSITY of thought
- COURAGE of conviction
- TRANSPARENCY of intent
- INGENUITY of AND
- AGILITY in action
- ADAPTABILITY of approach
- GRIT in pursuit of mission
🌍 ALSO, WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
💡 LEARN MORE ABOUT WHY A CAREER AT ALTIUM IS AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE NO OTHER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAYCOLpPLPE
✈️ ALTIUM BENEFITS: https://careers.altium.com/#s-benefits
👏 ARE YOU ALREADY AN ALTIUM EMPLOYEE? Please apply directly through our internal Greenhouse job board. If you have questions, please contact HR.