42 Technology is a successful and growing consultancy specialising in innovation, design, and development. Our work with world leading clients in a range of industries takes products and processes from ideas to reality. We have built a reputation for challenging the status quo and finding creative and pragmatic solutions to difficult technical problems.
Our employees love the variety and challenge of our work. We have a stimulating and open culture, an excellent team, and a great location in the historic town of St Ives, close to Cambridge.
We have an exciting position for a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer to grow 42T's Electronics team. You will contribute to 42T's client projects that have electronics content. This role will suit a senior engineer who has extensive experience designing analogue electronics hardware and ideally, a specialist in analogue electronics.
Main duties / key responsibilities:
- Assist in delivering high quality consulting engineering services to our clients. To achieve this objective you will work with other project team members, including the project manager, to understand customer requirements and define solutions that meet those requirements.
- Design electronic circuits and systems which may comprise some or all of: power supplies, control circuits, low noise amplifiers, filters, analogue to digital interfaces, sensor interface circuits.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Analysis & modelling of circuit and system performance particularly analogue circuit modelling using PSpice, LTSpice or similar.
- Definition of test schedules and test electronic circuits and systems.
- Provide consultancy and technical updates to clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Degree in electronic engineering or physics or a relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience analysing, designing, constructing & testing analogue electronic circuits.
- Proven track record of electronic circuit design and electronic system design innovation.
- Experience developing power supply circuits for a variety of applications.
- Understanding of principles of PCB layout for analogue electronics circuits.
- Knowledge of design for electromagnetic compatibility and experience solving EMC-related design problems.
- Experience using schematic entry tools such as Altium Designer SE.
- Experience using analogue circuit design simulation tools such as LTSpice.
- Soldering skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to participate as part of a creative multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to explain technical work to colleagues and clients.
- A passion for electronic engineering and product design, particularly analogue electronics design.
- Attention to detail.
- Innovative mindset – can demonstrate a track record developing innovative analogue electronics circuits.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new technologies and developing knowledge and skills.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.