The Arm GPU processors are a range of optimized, ground-up designs for graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting smart phones, DTV, automotive and adjacent markets. The solution consists of innovative optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope. With a growing industry interest across all markets, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement team (SPE).
We are looking for early and mid-career skilled Software Application Engineer to join an impactful and hard-working team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers.
The role's main objective is to provide in-depth GPU driver issue resolution and technical analysis to Arm GPU IP customers on software and firmware integration, debugging, and optimisation. For some high touch customer engagements, travel may be required to work with customers at their premises. You will also become an official Arm trainer and occasionally present courses to customers online or on-site
Additionally, creating training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Proven GPU driver development experience on Android, Linux, or Windows platform.
- OS Kernel and Device Driver development and deployment experience with Android, Linux, Chrome or Windows system.
- Software or firmware development in programming languages, such as C/C++/Java/Python.
- Excellent understanding of devices software stack and interaction with hardware layer in GPU architecture.
- Be able to travel globally (if international travel is permitted and safe).
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience with one or more of the following: microcontrollers, GPU, device drivers, SoC bring-up debugging, GPU power management, firmware, and hardware/software integration, Arm architecture, Arm assembler.
- Experience in GPU and/or Graphics APIs(such as EGL, OpenGL (ES), Vulkan, DirectX and OpenCL), including enhancement of GPU workloads
- Experience in programming using Graphics APIs such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGLES, Direct3D, and OpenCL. Good understanding of GPU performance tuning and profiling methodologies
- Proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enthusiastic and well driven about the technology and finding good solutions for solving customer issues.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers.