Senior Manager, Oncology R&D Communications
(12 Month Secondment/Contract)
Cambridge, Macclesfield UK / Gaithersburg, US
Competitive salary and benefits package
AstraZeneca is leading a revolution in oncology to redefine cancer care. We have some of the best scientists and clinicians and one of the most diverse portfolios in the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to cover maternity leave to enable us to continue to build awareness of, and excitement in, our breakthrough science and innovation in Oncology R&D.
The role will involve working closely with the Oncology R&D team including scientists, clinicians, programme leads as well as Global Corporate Affairs colleagues, to bring the science and its impact to life.
You will support in the preparation of effective and engaging scientific communications material for a wide range of purposes, including congresses, speaking opportunities for our Executive Vice President of Oncology R&D and social media to reach our target audiences.
You will be part of a supportive and collaborative team.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Creation of scientific content for presentations and social media by the Executive Vice President (EVP) of Oncology R&D to internal and external audiences.
- Supporting with other comms opportunities for the EVP, including monthly filming and corporate social media and internal (Workplace) posts.
- Continuing to bring to life our Oncology R&D strategy to convey progress towards scientific leadership, including quarterly updates to our walking deck.
- Responsible for editorial planning and delivery of Oncology R&D congress social content.
- Measurement of team impact through tracking ongoing activities including collating H1 and end of year team summaries.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Strong scientific understanding
- PhD or MSc with some experience of drug discovery/development
- Prior experience in a scientific communications role
- Experience of working in Oncology desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, particularly with scientific and complex information
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific information into effective and compelling communication that is appropriate for different audiences
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Track record of planning and delivery success
- Proactive mindset with effective interpersonal skills
- Confidence in working with senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to drive projects forward to a successful conclusion in a matrix organization
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.