Senior Scientist (Analytical), On-Market Technical, Chemical Development
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceutical and the supply of healthcare services. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) are the bridge, which turns brilliant science into actual medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
Introduction to role:
Join our dynamic team in Chemical Development at AstraZeneca, where we believe in pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist (Analytical) to join our On-Market Technical group. This group is dedicated to the lifecycle management of commercial active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) at AstraZeneca, ensuring continuity of supply and delivering business value through optimisation of manufacturing processes, methods and supply chain design.
As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting our analytical technical contribution to maintain and optimise supply for one or more AstraZeneca commercial products. This includes development, testing and validation of new analytical methods, technology transfer of analytical methods to our contract manufacturing organisations, and providing expert technical input to change control and improvement activities. You will also contribute to the development of the On Market Technical strategy to support AZ's current and future portfolio.
- BSc level education or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline with a number of year’s experience (eg. Research & Development or Quality control Manufacturing environment, within the pharmaceutical industry) or a PhD in a relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of the overall drug development process from discovery through to launch.
- An understanding of key analytical techniques, including chromatography, NMR and mass spectrometry.
- Ability to think and operate across functional boundaries, challenge the status quo and seek opportunities for business improvement.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex situations and provide clear strategic directions for others.
- Excellent communication and strategic influencing skills across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise both internally and externally.
- Proven problem solver with in depth technical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of statistics to understand data.
- Experience working within a Research & Development and Manufacturing environment, within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of technical supervision and leading small teams of people or scientific projects.
- Experience of delivering CMC content or contributions to regulatory filings in the pharmaceutical industry.
- A specialist in one or more related analytical areas or techniques.
- The confidence to coach and drive performance and development among your peers
- Experience of late stage development or commercial supply with a background in an analytical skill group.
- Experience of supporting commercial manufacture and working with contractors.
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth and to make people's lives better. We are leading the way in delivering Lean processes that drive greater efficiency and speed. Sustainable practices are at the heart of what we do, ensuring we manage our environmental impact across all our activities and products. We have the ambition to be a performance driven network, combining focused execution with a harmonious team-spirit.
Are you ready to make an impact on society through our sustainability goals? Join us at AstraZeneca where you can pioneer our sustainability strategy and contribute towards our collective legacy of doing good for people, the environment and society.
Apply now to be part of our ambitious team!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.