We have ambitious plans to change the DNA synthesis landscape. We want our technology to enable customers to solve society's biggest problems.
We are seeking an exceptional senior scientist for a fixed term contract to become a valuable member of our growing Foundry team. This is a maternity cover position to start in January 2024 for 1 year. This distinctive opening presents a chance to join our accomplished and diverse organisation, recognised for its groundbreaking greenSynth™ DNA synthesis technology. The selected candidate will play a vital role in developing and implementing our technology.
This role is full time and requires you to work onsite at our laboratory.
- Perform experiments that support the invention of novel technologies
- Work independently to drive research
- Mentor and train members of the team
- Present results at internal company meetings and to partners as required
- Support patent filings and scientific publications
- Coordinate work across teams to leverage expertise across the company
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD in a molecular biology-related field
- Demonstrable experience within industry
- Proven ability to effectively manage a workload of tasks and prioritise work to meet key objectives
- Experience discussing and presenting scientific experiments and results
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with molecular biology techniques e.g. cloning/transformation, DNA preps
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Publication and patent track record
- Experience in disciplines beyond your PhD qualification
- Experience with liquid-handling automation and DNA sequencing
- Experience with LIMS
These are desirable skills and are not essential. If you do not meet these desirable skills but believe you are a good candidate, please still apply.
Title: Senior Scientist (Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Chesterford Research Park, Cambridge
Holidays: 30 days + UK Public Holidays
Benefits: Flexible working, private medical insurance including counselling, stock option plan, bonus scheme, perk scheme, and company social events.
Park Facilities: Onsite restaurant, gym and 7-hole golf course, free electric car charging points, coach service to central Cambridge and shuttle bus service to Great Chesterford train station.
Application Deadline: 27th November
Zoom Interview Date: 4th - 5th December
Onsite Interview Dates: 12th - 13th December
If you have any questions about the role or the company, please contact us via our chat service on our careers homepage.
Camena Bioscience embraces the diversity of our employees and their opinions. We are a small, committed team trying to make diversity, equity and inclusion part of everything we do. Our application process is anonymised, and our recruitment is systematic.
We can currently only accept applications from people with the right to work in the UK and cannot offer sponsorship at this time.