Introduction to Role:
Join us at AstraZeneca in the Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) department, where we bridge the gap between innovative science and life-changing medicines. We are currently seeking an Analytical Senior Scientist in Oral Product Development (OPD) at our Macclesfield location. In this role, you will be a key player in the analytical development of new medicinal products, delivering analytical knowledge that encompasses understanding of manufacturing processes, control strategy, and robustness. This is your opportunity to make a direct impact on patients’ lives with a global company that believes in supporting its people both personally and professionally.
As an Analytical Senior Scientist in OPD, you will be responsible for developing analytical control strategies for new medicinal products, leading drug product analytical activities, demonstrating scientific leadership, planning and executing experimental work, delivering CMC content or contributions to regulatory filings, identifying and solving analytical project issues, applying technical knowledge to improvement projects, and working as a member of cross-functional teams. Your work will have a significant impact on the speed, quality, and cost of the AstraZeneca clinical portfolio.
- BSc, MSc or equivalent in a relevant subject area with a proven track record in the pharmaceutical environment or a PhD
- Strong understanding of the key analytical techniques for the analysis and characterisation of small molecule drug products
- Experience in analytical measurement science and control strategies
- Experience of leading technical contribution of a scientific programme, both independently and alongside partners
- Experience of supporting clinical manufacture and working with contract manufacturing organisations
- Experience of authoring CMC content for the analytical aspects of drug product regulatory filings throughout the clinical development phase
- Experience of technical supervision, coaching and mentoring
- Strong understanding of the overall drug development process from discovery through to launch
- An understanding of the principles and management of SHE and cGMP
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to deliver robust scientific contributions to projects and utilise risk-based approaches to project delivery
- Ability to think and operate across functional boundaries, challenge the status quo and seek opportunities for business improvement
- Effective influencing and prioritisation skills to ensure project delivery to deadlines
- Good communication and partner skills, and the ability to discuss sophisticated ideas in a simple, easy to understand manner
- Collaborative work ethic with the ability to work internally and externally across a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Excellent problem-solving skills
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Please note applications must include your CV and a covering letter which presents your areas of strength / development and why you should be considered for the role.
At AstraZeneca, you'll be part of an organization that is pioneering new approaches and processes across our sites. We foster a Lean mindset and sustainable practices, always striving to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We value the diverse expertise of our teams and encourage cross-functional working practices. We believe in giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to contribute their ideas. We are committed to reducing waste on sites, expanding into new markets, and eliminating emissions from operations by 2025. If you're looking for a place where you can grow and make a real difference, AstraZeneca is the place for you.
Ready to face the unexpected every day? Apply now and join us in transforming product design and development to deliver new medicines to patients.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.