AMD networking group deliver Data Center Networking silicon and software– including SmartNICs for hyperscale cloud deployments and low-latency adapters for financial services and machine learning applications. We're changing the way operating systems, applications and the hardware interact to allow computer networks to be faster, more responsive and more reliable. Our architectural approach combines hardware and software to deliver high-performance adapter products and application-acceleration middleware for superior performance in a wide range of applications.
We are expanding our firmware team who develop the embedded software that runs within our SmartNICs and network adapters. You will be part of a key engineering team developing software for next-generation networking for cloud and hyperscale data center operators combining software defined networking, network and storage offload and hardware datapath customization.
You will have worked extensively at the hardware / software interface involving networking in some capacity, programming in C.
To be successful you will have the ability to quickly understand a complex hardware and software architecture. You will be able to tackle system level problems and demonstrate knowledge of relevant embedded debug techniques and tools.
We are looking for embedded engineers with a strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or of similar calibre.
• Lead software design process for assigned modules
• Develop embedded networking software
• Be an active contributor in peer code reviews
• Lead delivery of test specifications
• 3+ years software experience (or equivalent) working at silicon or networking companies.
• Proven commercial experience developing in C
• Experience of python and other scripting languages
• Strong communication skills
• Hardware/software codesign
• Experience of Linux systems
• Ethernet & TCP/IP
• Embedded systems ideally with experience of system software and device drivers
• Understanding of server system architectures e.g. PCI-Express an advantage
• Experience of digital design (EDA tools, Verilog, VHDL) useful but not essential
• PhD, first class or 2:1 from well ranked university in a numerical subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering)
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.