AMD networking group deliver Data Center Networking silicon and software– including SmartNICs for hyperscale cloud deployments and low-latency adapters for financial services and machine learning applications. We're changing the way operating systems, applications and the hardware interact to allow computer networks to be faster, more responsive and more reliable. Our architectural approach combines hardware and software to deliver high-performance adapter products and application-acceleration middleware for superior performance in a wide range of applications.
We are expanding the software team who develop our OpenOnload application middleware. OpenOnload is a kernel bypass network solution providing an accelerated TCP/IP network stack which is dynamically linked into an application’s address space and granted direct access to accelerated network hardware.
The Onload stack is comprised of multiple Linux kernel modules, interfacing with Linux network stack and working on a high performance in-house TCP/IP protocol stack and sockets layer
You will have worked extensively on system level software, ideally involving networking, programming in C.
To be successful you will have the ability to quickly understand a complex software architecture. You will be able to tackle system level problems and demonstrate knowledge of Linux and networking programming.
We are looking for software engineers with strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics or computer science) or of similar calibre.
• Develop system networking software
• Lead software design process for complex modules
• Mentor junior engineers
• Be an active contributor in peer code reviews
• Lead delivery of test specifications
• 7+ years software experience (or equivalent) working on embedded or system software
• Proven commercial experience developing in C
• Experience of python and other scripting languages
• Strong communication skills
• Experience of Linux systems and Linux kernel drivers
• Ethernet & TCP/IP
• PhD, first class or 2:1 from well ranked university in a numerical subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering)