Are you an established software engineer with a strong background and understanding of System-on-Chip (SoC) technologies and architectures?
The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group enables partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and contribute to open source projects, providing reference implementations and optimisations to key software system components, and also validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms used in intelligent devices.
The Platform Modelling team within OSS is seeking modelling engineers to build highly efficient software models representing the functional aspects of System-on-Chip platforms that include many of Arm’s latest technologies, a base on which the rest of the OSS group builds their software stacks. To influence the future of energy-efficient devices at a time of transformation in our industry, this is the place to be.
Members of the modelling team take hardware designs and specifications and build functional representations in software of an entire hardware platform and individual hardware components.
• Develop, test and maintain high-speed models for Arm’s system level IP.
• Interact with hardware engineers across Arm to understand their IP and model it accurately.
• Build Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
• Collaborate with OSS engineers to help them integrate their software on your platform and to diagnose problems.
• Produce and implement development plans in conjunction with project management and engineering peers across Arm.
Education & Qualifications:
University degree, Masters or PhD (or equivalent), specifically in Electronics or Computer Science, with an excellent academic record.
Required Skills and Experience:
• We seek individuals with strong C/C++ skills combined with a detailed understanding of the internals of computers and SoCs.
• You can demonstrate a proficiency developing software, including coding, testing and debugging.
• Your background shows experience with scripting, and source control systems such as GIT/Gerrit.
• You will possess and exhibit knowledge of a leading RISC based computer architecture alongside experience of CPU architecture and familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets.
• We expect you are focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a distributed team; showing a willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
• We expect a professional, hard-working and flexible approach to work with a flair for creative lateral thinking and problem solving with a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
• We are looking for strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and spoken English.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
• Experience with Programmer View modelling, knowledge of Arm IP or architecture.
• Substantial experience of hardware modelling.
• A background in low-level or bare-metal software, firmware or device-driver development is an advantage.
• We value experience working on complex software projects in collaboration with a large multi-site team.