You will join a multifaceted, collaborative and highly motivated Agile software development team working on the GPU compute drivers for the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs.
You will develop with the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions and will help craft the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
This inclusive multinational development team is located in Cambridge, the technological centre of the UK.
Our group writes the layer of the driver that implements the popular GPU compute APIs, such as OpenCL, which provide massively parallel execution of general purpose (C-like) code on Mali GPUs, often known as GPGPU (General-purpose computing on graphics processing units).
Our many customers have performance-critical GPU compute use cases that include machine learning (ML), image processing & computer vision (CV), video encoding and decoding. Mobile devices are highly constrained environments, and our challenge is to provide this sophisticated functionality, while improving both dependability and efficiency.
If you want to develop your skills and understanding in these technologies, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and together we will make GPU compute and Mali a success in our customers hands!
Day to day activities
We have different teams that handle the development, performance analysis and optimisation of the GPU driver. You may be adding a new functionality to support the latest GPUs, identifying optimisation opportunities to squeeze out that last bit of performance, developing our infrastructure to ensure it supports the ever-growing number of benchmarks that we run or working on many other exciting tasks!
You will work in a Linux environment, working on Arm-based targets including models, FPGAs and silicon from our partner companies (thereby covering past, present and future generations of our designs).
As a member of an Agile team, you will have the chance to try your hand at different aspects of our work. Engineers grow their expertise through in-house and externally hosted training, and through peer code reviews.
You will be working closely together with our community of engineering teams across Arm’s European design centres developing technologies for the current and next generations of Arm Mali™ GPUs.
- Participating in all phases of software development – including design, implementation, testing, code review and documentation.
- Implementing new features in the driver and/or infrastructure.
- Testing and analysing the functionality and performance of our software.
- Performing design and code reviews for other team members.
- Engaging with the rest of the team for investigation, estimation and planning purposes.
- Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and other quality assurance activities.
Required Skills and Experience :
- Experience in C and C++ programming.
- An understanding of embedded hardware architectures and software engineering development practices.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging with a practical, organised and analytical approach to work.
- Good interpersonal team-working skills, self-motivated and results focused.
- Good written and spoken English.
"Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Experience in scripting with Python and Bash.
- Knowledge of software optimisation, profiling and instrumentation techniques.
- Experience developing software for Linux or Android based systems.
- Experience with data analysis and statistics.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Knowledge of the internal operation of compilers (particularly LLVM), although this is not a compiler role.
- Familiarity with Git, and bug tracking tools.
- Experience in creating design and test specifications and in the creation and maintenance of test suites.
- Automation skills, with exposure to Docker.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Experience of driver or HAL development.
- Working exposure to software development for a commercial organisation.
We have a strong background of building up expertise in people, so this is an excellent opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. You will get to contribute to our Mali and Immortalis GPU product lines, learn about the latest GPU technologies, utilise your engineering skills to support and influence the technologies used on millions of devices