Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a dynamic ecosystem with over 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and with more than 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
The Open-Source Software (OSS) team is responsible for developing and improving the software ecosystem around Arm's next generation of applications processors. This frequently means working with processors and other hardware technology not yet available to the public. We work on a range of development platforms, software-models, FPGAs and early silicon, sometimes many months before the processors are used in real products.
You will join a wonderful team of Software Engineers who all share a passion for wanting to stamp their mark on the future of computing, wherever it may lead. You will be playing a meaningful role in making Arm a successful server platform as well as help maintain its leadership in the embedded market.
- Have a strong background in microprocessor architectures and open-source software
- Are a dynamic problem solver, capable of investigating and resolving sophisticated customer issues
- Are passionate about new technology and want to help drive the global adoption of groundbreaking Arm IP
- Able to demonstrate technical leadership and a curiosity about sharing knowledge with others
Then we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Software Engineer in CE-SW, you will be working on all aspects of the software life cycle, including:
- Design, develop, test, deliver and maintain production quality software.
- Collaborate with internal/external key partners across the globe to understand requirements and build key parts of the software ecosystem.
- Optimize and enable virtualisation software for Arm based platforms.
- Work with open-source communities to upstream and maintain code.
- Be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proficiency in C/C++ and scripting languages
- In-depth knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and concurrent programming.
- Good understanding of computer architecture and operating systems.
- Experience in distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies like KVM or QEMU.
- Deep expertise in container runtimes, including Docker, containerd and Kata Containers.
- Experience with cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, various CNIs and service meshes.
- Familiarity with Confidential Computing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other degrees with proven experience.
- Familiar with open-source project development cycles and contribution process.
- Proficiency in Rust, Go and Assembly.
- Experience with KVM and Intel SGX or AMD SEV capabilities or ARM secure enclaves.
- Experience in software development and optimization on ARM architecture.
- Proven track record of contributing to open-source projects.
Our UK offices are amazing places to collaborate. We also have some scope to adapt the job role and title for the right person - if you are interested but unsure whether you tick all the boxes, we still would love you to reach out! We are keen to welcome versatile people into Arm!