- Discover the problems faced by developers, integrators and operators of IoT device-cloud solutions, by asking clear questions, listening carefully to the answers, and combining the resulting insights with other sources of research and analysis.
- Work with engineering teams to propose solutions to these problems that are both usable and technically feasible.
- Validate that the solution truly solves the problem for customers, and also meets the needs of the business.
- Prioritize these validated solutions in team backlogs based on a broad and nuanced understanding of their likely value and cost.
- Work with partners both within Microsoft’s broader IoT portfolio as well as partner ecosystem companies to identify and deliver scalable end-to-end solutions with Azure Sphere at their heart.
- Become a recognized team expert in the Azure Sphere platform, able to represent the product to customers and partners including on a technical level as well as its business value.
- 5+ years of relevant technical leadership experience on a product that includes software engineering.
- A BS/MSc in technical field or equivalent technical knowledge.
- Experience of working through the full discovery/delivery cycle from initial problem understanding to delivering solutions to market.
- Experience with the complex ecosystem involved in IoT/cloud-connected device products, from manufacturing, embedded SW and HW engineering to cloud service development/integration and service operation.
- Outstanding ability to discover, understand, and solve technical problems working with customers and partners.
- Adaptable to meet dynamic goals in a very agile team.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
While this role is based in Cambridge, UK, for an exceptional candidate relocation may be offered, and we will consider candidates who wish to work remotely from elsewhere in the UK or Western Europe.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.