We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our team. The role of the tester is generally a varied and challenging one, and this is certainly the case at Cambridge Consultants. With projects ranging from short 2-3 month technology prototypes to full scale 18month+ product development, the ability to adapt and move quickly is very important to all of our test engineers.
You will often be involved at the very start of a project, using your analytical and questioning skills to test the various concepts, requirements and user journeys even before a line of code is written.
You will work with the development team to define the direction of the testing activities and the choice of tooling. You will lead and perform testing activities on the project, adapting to the project needs and making sure that all appropriate aspects of testing are considered from functional to non-functional.
What we can offer
The Test Group is an integral part of the Wireless and Digital Services division within Cambridge Consultants. The division develops a wide range of products that incorporate advanced wireless technology, with an increase in products also having a cloud connected element.
Many of our projects involve software and hardware, and as a tester you will get involved during the full product development cycle – from concept definition, through development of hardware, software and mechanics, and on to production and release to the field.
As a member of our test group, you will help to grow and evolve the group, through sharing and deliberate practice as well as reaching out to internal and external expertise. You will also have the opportunity to grow your own skills through our community and the variety of projects you will work on.
What you can bring
As a test specialist, you will need to be aware of all forms of testing. You don't have to know how to do all of them, but need to appreciate what is required, be willing to learn new skills and coordinate getting it done.
Automation is large part of producing sustainable development environments through continuous integration & delivery, therefore experience with CI systems, coding, automation frameworks and development practices is very desirable.
We would like to speak to people that have experience in:
- Planning, designing and performing test activities across a full system of multiple components
- Technically leading and guiding cross-functional development teams to improve quality at all levels
- Strong Python skills for writing automation test scripts against an established test framework
- Planning and creating various levels of test automation
- Communicating to a wide range of people throughout the organisation including clients
- Applying testing skills to analysing requirements as well as software
The following would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows/Linux)
- Knowledge in API testing, web application testing and development practices
- Awareness of continuous integration/delivery/deployment and the associated technologies
- Familiarity with testing hardware