Your primary responsibility will be to design, manage and analyse in vivo studies as well as be hands-on with experimental work. You are expected to have extensive experience in the design and conduct of animal studies and the role will provide a great variety in the projects undertaken, as part of a collaborative and supportive team. You should be self-motivated and able to organise, research and perform experiments effectively, accurately and to a high standard. Excellent and accurate record keeping with a high level of computer literacy is essential. You will work in multi-disciplinary collaborations with external scientists as well as other divisions within RxCelerate, involving a high level of teamwork.
- Contribute expertise to the design and scientific research of in vivo drug development projects.
- Participate in and manage the coordination of practical in vivo research projects across multiple therapy areas.
- Analyse efficacy, tolerability and PK/PD data and produce reports to tight deadlines.
- Help to generate data for presentation to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the supervision and training of junior members of staff.
- Work closely with other RxCelerate divisions to ensure the successful delivery and analysis of in vivo projects.
- Minimum Ph.D in a life science or BSc/MSc plus equivalent preclinical experience.
- Hands-on experience of working with animal models of clinical disease with practical competency in a variety of regulated procedures.
- Highly self-motivated with a track record of designing, organising and performing in vivo experiments.
- Meticulous attention to detail in experimental design and report writing.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks in a dynamic and demanding scientific environment.
- Ability to review and assimilate new information rapidly and effectively.
- Excellent level of computer literacy and proven experience in data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- An active or recently revoked Home Office personal licence.
- Ability to work flexibly (out of hours working, including evenings, weekends and public holidays, is required for this post as necessary).
- Experience in small animal surgery.
- Experience of setting up a new rodent model of disease.
- Experience of working in a commercial/biotech environment
Full or part-time hours are available, which include weekend working. The candidate will be required to travel between sites in and around Cambridge; therefore a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
RxCelerate offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the competencies in PDF format by 4th March 2022. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK without the need for sponsorship.
RxCelerate values and actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.