ServiceNow Data Architect
Introduction to role:
A ServiceNow Data Architect is a specialized role focused on designing, implementing, and managing data architecture within the ServiceNow platform. They play a crucial role in ensuring that data is structured, organized, and accessible for effective use within the organization. As the ServiceNow Data Architect, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the CSDM architecture within ServiceNow platform. The data architect will work closely with the core IT teams and functional teams to ensure that the CSDM accurately represents the IT infrastructure, services, and relationships across the enterprise. The data architect will also be responsible for creating and maintaining ServiceNow configuration items (Cis) in the CSMD and ensuring that they are properly classified, related and mapped to business services. This role also includes ensuring data accuracy, data governance, data accessibility, and security while optimizing the platform for efficient data management.
You will collaborate with partners to understand data requirements and business processes. Design, implement and maintain the ServiceNow CSDM architecture in accordance with best practices and industry standards. Define and maintain ServiceNow Cis and their attributes in the CSDM. Plan and manage data integrations between ServiceNow and other systems within the organization. Ensure data consistency and accuracy across integrated systems. Define data standards, naming conventions, and data governance policies for the CSDM to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness. Create and maintain data dictionaries and metadata repositories. Identify and document the relationships between IT infrastructure, services, and business services, and ensure that the CSDM accurately represents these relationships. Create and maintain relationships between CIs in the CSDM, including dependencies, containment, and service relationships. Plan and implement data migration projects when transitioning to ServiceNow or upgrading the platform. Validate data quality during migration.
- Solid experience and knowledge in CSDM & CMDB
- Extensive experience in CMDB & CSDM operational experience in a large environment.
- Hands-on experience in performing Application and Service mapping using ServiceNow tools, reporting and discovery capabilities.
- Understanding and hands on experience of ServiceNow discovery for Services (hardware extended), network (network extended), printers, database instances and web applications.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, the ITIL framework as well as ITSM with focus on ServiceNow CSDM.
- Experience designing and implementing CSDM architectures and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- ServiceNow certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in database management, SQL, and data modeling.
- Familiarity with data governance and compliance standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we connect the dots across the business to improve the agility and functionality of our processes to accelerate AstraZeneca to the next level. There's so much potential to influence and inspire change, it's a big challenge if you're up for it. As champions of our Technology ecosystem, we make sure the rest of the business experiences the true benefits of our systems. Uniting diverse areas and simplifying the way we work, changing approaches and behaviours along the way. our reach goes beyond technology.
Are you ready to deliver the best value? Work at pace, across business and technology domains end to end. We apply our eye for business to keep focused on how we can always deliver the best value. Here we are never afraid to question how we can do better; we challenge processes to get the best results.
Apply now and join us in our journey of discovery and development!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.