Our mission is to push the boundaries of complex cell analysis. Using the Lightcast platform we are working with major pharmaceutical companies and leading academic institutes. Together, using our next generation microfluidic platform, we are making advances towards new science, unique clinical approaches, new therapies and innovative products.
The Lightcast platform allows precise and highly flexible independent control of thousands of microdroplets independently and in parallel using software-generated light patterns. By combining droplets containing different cells, antibodies, cancer drugs, reporters and /or other reagents we can perform complex workflows and assays with a flexibility far beyond what is currently possible on any cell analysis platform.
Lightcast Discovery is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our growing team, working with software and instrument development teams on the development of new instrumentation products.
Responsible for software solutions test planning and working to expand automated test coverage of software-hardware systems; defining and executing system test cases; assessing software performance; executing integrated manual testing within an Agile software development process.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience with presentations and documentation and the ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks. They’ll also have a hands-on attitude in developing and troubleshooting their own work and be able to work independently and collaborate as part of a team. Given the platforms you’d be working on, experience testing medical devices or a background in pharma, biotech or similar regulated industries would be a bonus, but is not a requirement.
This is an excellent opportunity for a current Software Test engineer looking to take the next step in their career to join an exciting and fast growing company with huge potential! We’re a friendly and supportive team who promote flexible working and career development.
As the role involves being hands on with the platform and instrumentation technology we're developing, this full time position will be based wholly from our lovely, new offices in Cambridge, UK. Lightcast Discovery are happy to fully fund all fees related to the successful applicant obtaining a Skilled Worker Visa where needed. We will also support with both the logistical and financial elements of your move to the UK.
- Collaborating with software and instrument development teams to establish the optimum way to test software products
- Writing automated tests to create a robust test environment for both GUI and Non-GUI applications
- Maintaining test hardware and software environments
- Monitoring and reporting daily test results, investigating failures and submitting defects as necessary to the team
- Learning new technologies and tools as needed to solve test challenges on evolving projects
- Proven relevant test experience in a commercial capacity using C#
- API testing experience
- Familiarity with Visual Studio /.NET software development tools and ability to build test-related coding
- Experience in using platforms to automate Windows software GUI testing
- Experience using Jenkins / TeamCity or similar to schedule and manage test runs and results
- Familiarity with JIRA or equivalent for managing defects and tasks
- Innate knowledge of software test principles and practices
- Ability to work across disciplines and understand software use cases; can clearly articulate ideas, problems, and solutions
Lightcast Discovery offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including:
- 26 days holiday, plus Public Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Share option scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Subsidised gym membership and weekly cross fit sessions
- Access to Cycle to Work and Technology schemes
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Plus more….
Here at Lightcast Discovery we have an informal, open work environment where collaboration and innovation are at the heart of what we do. We’re based in West Cambridge, near excellent transport links and plenty of local amenities. We regularly gather as a team to hear about developments across functions and to share ideas. We enjoy social events and regular team lunches, promote career development and learning opportunities. It’s an exciting time to join our revolutionary team as we push boundaries and continue to grow.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Strictly no agencies please