We are seeking a Software Engineer who can use their science, engineering or mathematical background to analyse and solve software design challenges across various development projects for medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment. With a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing. This is a consultancy role involving end-to-end development, quality and testing which will include having the ability to adapt the appropriate development environment and language for a particular technology and client, an aptitude for software architecture, design, implementation and testing ready for release.
We welcome applicants who have a as a minimum a2:1 relevant honour degree and the following:
- Good C++ / C#, preferably with some understanding or a willingness to learn embedded and desktop or mobile programming.
- Experience of, or an interest in, mobile and embedded platforms, kernel mode software, device drivers, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, networking, SPI, I2C and serial communications.
- Good application of the principles of software engineering, including specification and verification within the full software development life cycle.
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn Test Driven & Behaviour Driven Development.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus public holidays, with the opportunity to buy-back additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year
- Generous matched contribution company pension schemes
- Comprehensive private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing partnership program
- Investment in professional development and learning
- We have a flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Free refreshments
- Along with various facilities including a climbing wall and a table tennis table
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.
We don’t want to miss out on a great employee.