At eg we engineer real products based on our collective engineering experience and innovative thinking, and have a great record of delivering inspiring and successful products across a wide range of market sectors. We know how to get products to market for our clients by specialising in industrial and mechanical design, human factors, electronic and software engineering, project management and quality assurance.
We value team work and collaboration. We are client-centric, open, honest and share our ideas, experience and knowledge across projects. This creates a supportive, enjoyable and relaxed environment for our valued team, which we are currently looking to grow.
We are looking for a logical thinker who can use their science, engineering or mathematical background to analyse and solve software design challenges across various development projects. You will use a variety of approaches, from theoretical modelling and simulation to hands-on prototyping and testing. This is a consultancy role involving end-to-end development, quality, and testing. You will have the ability to adapt the appropriate development environment and language for a particular application and client, an aptitude for software architecture and design, code implementation, and testing ready for release.
You will represent the company through external meetings with clients and suppliers, as well as being an effective member of internal project teams.
You will contribute as part of a team to work on software concept development, detailed design, implemen-tation, documentation, prototyping, testing, and software build and release tasks as required for consultan-cy projects.
Software development is to be undertaken in accordance with industry standards and working within an ISO 13485 quality management system.
This role requires a logical thinker who demonstrates:
- Good C++ / C#, preferably with some understanding or a willingness to learn embedded and desktop or mobile programming.
- Basic experience of developing software for at least one or more of; Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS or for embedded devices.
- Experience of, or an interest in using real time operating systems: e.g. FreeRTOS, WindRiver, QNX, Windows Embedded or similar.
- Experience of, or an interest in, mobile and embedded platforms, kernel mode software, device drivers, 3D graphics, Bluetooth, networking, SPI, I2C and serial communications.
- A basic understanding of communications protocol design, user interface design, security and cryptography.
- Fundamental awareness of the principles of software engineering, including specification and verification within the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with cloud Web Services, such as Microsoft Azure is not essential but an advantage.
- Experience with software engineering tools, such as issue trackers and source code control, is not es-sential but an advantage.
- A basic understanding or willingness to learn Test Driven & Behaviour Driven Development.
- An ambition to work on software development in medical and diagnostic devices, consumer products, biotechnology, laboratory or test equipment.
- An ability to communicate ideas, concepts and designs and contribute to design and code reviews.
- On track to achieve, or already have, a relevant honours degree, minimum 2:1.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our employees, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave with the opportunity to buy-back additional holiday
- A discretionary profit bonus at the end of our financial year
- Generous matched contribution company pension scheme
- Comprehensive private healthcare benefit scheme
- Life Assurance
- Investment in professional development and learning
- We have a flexible working policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
eg technology is an integrated product design and engineering consultancy. Our engineers are world-class and have the experience and passion to create exceptional products for our clients which not only make it to market but make a genuine impact once there. Our aim is to be the chosen product development company for both
our clients and employees.
Although eg technology is an engineering company, our business is really about people. We value and look after everyone who works with us, meaning our staff stay and we establish long-term working relationships with our clients.
The projects that we work on are exciting and interesting, and teamwork is key to our success. Collaboration, contribution and communication throughout the business are key to delivering results, both internally and externally.
Does this sound like the place for you? If so, please send us your application.