Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Provide excellent customer service to Sporting Event fundraisers, to acknowledge support and increase long-term loyalty.
- Ensure fundraisers and volunteers have all necessary materials for fundraising initiatives.
- Keep up to date with fundraising legislation and codes of practice to be able to provide relevant advice to fundraisers.
- Effective management of administrative support for team, including accurate recording of sporting fundraising data in The Raiser’s Edge database.
Event and Supporter Management
- Support the team in managing the sporting events as agreed with the Sporting Events Manager (SEM). Including recruitment of sporting places, recruitment of volunteers, communications plans, event marketing and event attendance.
- Working alongside the SEM and the SEO to manage the stewardship of all supporters.
- Build and manage relationships with prospective and current sporting fundraising supporters through prompt, helpful, professional and friendly contact.
- Taking the opportunity to maximise income and long-term support with every fundraising supporter, suggesting ARUK fundraising products where appropriate.
- Schedule and deliver stewardship good luck calls for all portfolio sporting eventers.
- Drafting prompt, professional thank you letters and certificates to fundraising supporters.
- Fundraising data management includes adding new constituents to the fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge), ensuring details are accurately recorded and maintained and that supporters are appropriately thanked.
- Managing emails sent to sporting events inbox.
- Support in the effective delivery of sporting fundraising events for ARUK.
- May include relationship management with suppliers and logistics companies.
- Attendance of weekend events where necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Use of CRM or database systems
- Confident working with computers – good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Excellent, enthusiastic telephone manner
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships with our supporters quickly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional and hard-working team player
- Flexibility to work occasional unsociable hours and willingness to travel independently
- Contagious enthusiasm to inspire supporters
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd July 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 11th July 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK