MTS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
AMD is looking for an influential software engineer who is passionate about improving the performance of key applications and benchmarks. You will be a member of a core team of incredibly talented industry specialists and will work with the very latest hardware and software technology.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about software engineering and possess leadership skills to drive sophisticated issues to resolution. Able to communicate effectively and work optimally with different teams across AMD.
- Work with AMD’s architecture specialists to improve future products
- Apply a data minded approach to target optimization efforts
- Stay informed of software and hardware trends and innovations, especially pertaining to algorithms and architecture
- Design and develop new groundbreaking AMD technologies
- Participating in new ASIC and hardware bring ups
- Debugging/fix existing issues and research alternative, more efficient ways to accomplish the same work
- Develop technical relationships with peers and partners
- Strong object-oriented programming background, C/C++ preferred
- Ability to write high quality code with a keen attention to detail
- Experience with modern concurrent programming and threading APIs
- Experience with Windows, Linux and/or Android operating system development
- Experience with software development processes and tools such as debuggers, source code control systems (GitHub) and profilers is a plus
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Motivating leader with good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.