A new and exciting opportunity for a 3 month summer placement in the Data Services Architecture (DSA) Group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
About the role:
You will be supporting experienced colleagues managing critical databases and applications and will gain hands-on operational experience as well as the opportunity to develop your knowledge of relational database technologies including MySQL, PostGRES, Oracle and SQLServer and diverse third party applications.
Our DSA Team are part of the larger Informatics and Digital Solutions (IDS) department, and are primarily responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a variety of databases and applications in support of the leading scientific research projects and enterprise solutions within the Sanger Institute.
Find out more:
You will join a supportive team who operate in a collaborative way, sharing ideas and knowledge. Enthusiastic and with a thirst for learning, you will have the ability to absorb ideas and put them into practice while being mentored by more senior colleagues.
- Interest in Database operations, applications and IT systems, ideally with some practical experience
- Willingness to learn new IT technologies and operational practices
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Able to work closely with senior colleagues
- Able to communicate ideas and results effectively
- Ability to prioritise own workload effectively
We have adopted a hybrid working model to allow for flexibility between office and remote working.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, the role may close early when a successful appointment has been made.