Full Time/ Part Time/Flexible Working
Contract Type: Permanent
A new opportunity for a Planning and Forecasting Manager to join us improving supply chain planning and forecasting processes across internal and external supply chain entities.
About the role:
The main focus of the role will be on facilitating and coordinating the quarterly (operations) planning process (demand/capacity forecast and constraints review).
As our Planning and Forecasting Manager you will build relationships and coach key stakeholders across Sanger to find the best possible approaches to identify potential constraints – as part of this, a critical materials demand forecast is required as well as resource requirements planning (load vs. capacity).
You will act as subject matter expert, create data templates, collate and review feedback and ultimately share information and insights across all supply chain stakeholders to allow pro-active mitigation of future shortages and optimise resource allocation.
- Facilitate and coordinate the quarterly (operations) planning process (demand/capacity forecast and constraints review)
- Manage the quarterly critical parts demand forecast - liaise with all scientific programmes and other customers as well as procurement, purchasing and logistics
- Support the weekly Supply Chain Forum
- Steer the selection and implementation of planning tools, software and systems
- As subject matter expert, drive planning process improvement and cross-functional alignment
- Programme Management of process improvement projects or actions from planning processes
- Drive definition and implementation of suitable metrics for the internal and external Supply Chain
- Drive improvement of planning data integrity and reporting capability
- Coach internal (and external) stakeholders to improve planning capability
- Line manager for management trainee and planner/controller roles
For further details please see attached job description.
You will have experience managing at least parts of a supply chain e.g. roles in procurement, purchasing, internal manufacturing planning, customer-demand management.
You will have a passion for quantitative analysis, planning in general and forecasting in particular would also be highly valued.
Programme and stakeholder management skills and experience will be essential.
- Strong and collaborative working relationships with relevant stakeholders and project team members
- Self-starter, confident working autonomously and with shifting priorities
- Strong advocate for Supply Chain value proposition
- Strong demonstrable understanding of Supply Chain processes and how they add value/avoid bureaucracy
- Ability to take underlying data and present narrative and recommendations to stakeholders
- Solution and output orientated with a willingness to take on challenges
- Proven ability to listen, understand business needs and provide win-win solutions in a proactive and principled manner
- Flexible and pragmatic attitude
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
This is a full time position (37 hours per week), however we would equally consider candidates who wish to work a shorter week (minimum of 22.5 hours p/w).
We have adopted a hybrid working pattern that allows employees to work flexibly doing so office based and remotely.
Final applications 24th May.