Macclesfield (UK), Gartuna (Sweden), Wilmington (USA) & Gaithersburg (USA)
Date open: 09/11/2023
Date close: 20/11/2023
The Supply Coordination Manager (SCM) is responsible for leading a Global team of External Supply Coordinators within External Supply and Manufacturing. The SCM will lead a team of ESCs responsible for the supply chain execution activities for a portfolio of CMOs within a given technology area; API, Formulation & Packing or Devices.
The Supply Coordination Manager is responsible for ensuring fit for purpose External Supply Coordination (ESC) resources from the team are deployed to meet the needs of the External Operations Teams. The Supply Coordination Manager will ensure that team members are trained according to the needs of the Supply Chains they support and that the group operates according to robust processes, in line with compliance requirements (GMP and financial).
The Supply Coordination Manager (SCM) will work in close collaboration with other SCM’s and ESM roles who are globally based. Their team of ESCs are accountable for the supply execution across the entire external supplier base. They will play an active part in driving the Global Planning Transformation journey, including the implementation of the new global planning system, OMP.
The work is implemented in a global environment, with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration with other roles and functions.
Key tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Line Management of team of ESCs for a particular Technology area.
- Manage and flex resource levels across supplier base, ensuring the team has the capability and flexibility to support the business
- Accountable for execution of the required plan with Contract Manufacturing Organisations.
- Accountable for Master data maintenance and adherence to standards across ESC teams.
- Accountable for SOX controls and financial risk assessment
- Financial audit readiness
- Maintaining standards and ways of working by ESCs across technology areas and robust process ownership
- Maintain a strong lean culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and high performance within ESC team
- Active contribution to the development and execturion of Ops 2025strategic work
The position will also require applicants to display the core professional capabilities for the role:
- E2E supply chain principles, lean tools, supply chain planning, influencing, change & enablement, flexibility/adaptability & conceptual thinking.
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards relevant to your role. Complete all required training on the AZ Code of Conduct and supporting Policies and Standards on time. Report potential issues of non-compliance.
In addition, for Managers and Project Team Leaders:
- Ensure and monitor compliance by team members and third parties by (a) positively reinforcing the Code of Conduct and all relevant AstraZeneca Policies and Standards, (b) ensuring completion of all required training, (c) fostering a culture of openness in which employees are comfortable raising questions or concerns, and (d) immediately addressing and reporting, as appropriate, instances of non-compliance.
- Manager Accountabilities at AstraZeneca include Ethical Conduct and Compliance, Team Management, Performance Management, Individual Development Planning, Talent Management, Recruitment, People information, SHE accountabilities, and Fiscal and Financial awareness.
- Leaders with accountability for GMP areas are expected to understand the legal and regulatory requirements of their roles in providing appropriate resources (which could be human, financial, material, facilities, and equipment) to maintain the Quality system and continually improve its effectiveness.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Education requirements: a BS degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be taken in to account
- Significant supply chain understanding and knowledge
- Broad understanding of API, formulated product and finished pack supply chains and manufacturing
- Experience in leading cross functional and cross-cultural teams
- Line management experience with a track record of coaching and developing people
- Experience of managing complexity and high levels of change
- Issue management skills
- Compliance awareness (SOX, Quality, Product security, etc).
- Good communication skills, should be fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in participating in the S&OP/ Global Supply Team process
- SAP ERP (MRP) knowledge
- Experience in leading cross cultural, global and cross functional teams
- Experience of managing complexity
- Proficient in using key Lean Tools: VSM, PPS
- Advanced supply chain management (capacity and inventory) planning skills
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being an outstanding Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your high-reaching spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and partnership, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.