Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Answering inbound telephone calls; responding to a wide range of enquiries including marketing campaigns, donations, fundraising events and requests for materials
- Managing enquiries received by email and post, either by responding or forwarding as necessary
- Making outbound telephone calls in order to increase the value of, or to retain supporters, including thanking, obtaining Gift Aid declarations and reactivating lapsed donors
- Recording feedback received by the charity and assisting in the resolution of complaints
- Processing donations from telephone calls and mailings, acknowledging supporters appropriately
- In Memoriam giving; Sending out materials, processing donations and sending appropriate acknowledgements relating to community fundraising, sporting events and donations given in memory
- Regular giving; processing new Direct Debit instructions and Standing Order payments, amending and cancelling gifts as necessary
- Processing and thanking donations relating to community fundraising and sporting events
- Processing new direct debit instructions and standing order payments, amending and cancelling gifts as necessary
- Ensuring the integrity of the database by amending supporter details as necessary
- Amending supporter details as necessary
- Opening and batching incoming post
- Updating team procedures as required
- Recognising fundraising, engagement and retention opportunities when talking to supporters using a range of initiatives to explain how donations positively contribute towards the cause
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a customer service role
- Experience handling complaints and queries
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Excellent telephone manner and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Professional and hard-working team player
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, confident and able to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness and ability to help occasionally with events (possibly elsewhere in UK) and occasional work outside of regular office hours/overtime at peak times
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office. However this particular role would require you to come to the office more than 2 days per week in line with the responsibilities of the role.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
The closing date for applications is the 30th January 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 7th February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.