Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and the transformation of industries and society. As such, we are focussed on enabling software developers worldwide to access and adopt innovative technologies and tools from the vast Arm ecosystem.
Part of this effort, we are now seeking to employ an experienced Technical Editor to help lead, quality assure and maintain a wide range of technical content destined for developer communities on Arm.
As a member of the team your workload will fall into two categories: support and maintenance activities for the developer learning paths, and more broadly, development work focussed on improving the quantity, quality and delivery of technical content including coordinating calls for content. You will work side-by-side with developers on Arm (internal & external), helping them build content and improve existing automation solutions.
This role would suit a technical, analytical, creative, and problem-solving individual
- Work in collaboration with various stakeholders to meet our content development objectives and constraints (quality, quantity and time).
- Coordinate the creation of technical content end-to-end, specifically learning paths via pull requests on GitHub which would include technical and editorial reviews.
- Lead the maintenance of the above materials including legacy content ensuring that it is up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- Provide timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by developers on GitHub.
- Support the maintenance and performance optimisation of automated workflows.
- Communicate and collaborate with key internal departments to ensure that we are working seamlessly in the delivery of learning path content.
- Run reports covering areas such as requirements analysis, age of content, and engagement levels with published content.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Software engineering skills at degree level or equivalent.
- Expertise in version control and code review tooling, such as Github or Gitlab.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages e.g., Python.
- Strong interpersonal skills are vital for success; communicating clearly and persuasively with stakeholders.
- Passion for problem solving, growing technical knowledge, handling collaborators, and facilitating team interaction.
- Experience in technical writing and reviewing highly technical content.
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of open-source software project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methods such as Agile, Scrum.
- Experience using virtualization and containers technologies such as Docker.
In return, you will help and support our mission for the successful adoption of Arm technologies by software developers and SoC designers across all ecosystems!