Who are we looking for?
If you are an experienced Project Manager, familiar with agile methodologies and are passionate about technology and engineering and would like to work with exciting new concepts, this could be the role for you!
A challenging yet rewarding role of Technical Project Manager awaits you that will see you planning and managing the development of our projects of the future. You will become part of an ambitious team offering the most innovative holographic display technology to global technology manufacturers.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Building project plans and roadmaps, and mapping major software and hardware activities and milestones onto project timelines
- Leading Gate Process for projects and long-term product programmes across the company, rationalising plans and identifying risks and mitigations
- Identifying and tracking project dependencies, and evaluating and escalating material risks to the projects
- Engaging with customers and partners to gather requirements and feedback throughout the duration of the projects
- Ensuring a timely delivery of work packages both internally and by the suppliers
- Working with tech managers to manage logistics, transport and working spaces necessary for the success of projects
- Tracking costs against budgets and tags, so that costs are always clearly communicated at all levels of the organisation
- Liaising with contractors as necessary to ensure delivery against budget and agreed timeframes
- Preparing status reports for review by senior management on progress against plan, issues, and corrective actions
- Working closely with the Product Owners, Technical Leads and Scrum Masters in identifying sprint goals and specific stories necessary deliver on projects and programmes across the company
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree ideally within an engineering or scientific discipline
- A proven track record in the successful delivery of complex technical projects and programmes
- Experience of managing risk, cost and schedule on innovative development projects
- An excellent understanding of product development processes
- An awareness of Agile principles and practice
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can also demonstrate:
- Prior experience in procurement for hardware prototyping, and managing suppliers
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in using software project management tools (we use Jira) and adopting Agile methodologies
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- Progressive, friendly working environment operating a hybrid working model (with flexible core hours)
- Good benefits package including generous maternity/paternity pay, cycle to work, PMI with Vitality
- A diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
The candidate will be expected to work from the company’s Cambridge office 2-3 days a week. The role might involve travel to the company’s commercial office based in London, and occasional travel to offices of customers and partners both locally and internationally.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on groundbreaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies, developing the next generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.