We are looking for Consultants to join our growing team! We would love to hire STEM graduates or postgraduates who are interested in applying their skills to real-world problems in homeland security.
We are a small company and our work covers a wide range of disciplines, but our previous projects include…
- Identifying emerging scientific research topics and new products that can offer real solutions to the big problems, and communicating complex ideas and concepts accessibly.
- Developing new sensing concepts in areas of interest to our clients, including hardware, software and the algorithms required to interpret complex multi-sensor data.
- Field trials of new security systems in real-world locations to understand how business, people and the environment interact with technology.
- Designing and running laboratory trials of commercial products to evaluate their performance.
- Simulating real-world systems using physical and computer modelling techniques to identify operational improvements.
We are a small team with a relatively flat structure. As a result, we offer new employees an opportunity to influence the direction of specific projects and overall company strategy from the moment they join. It should be clear that we’re not necessarily looking for specialists in any one technical area, but rather people who would enjoy contributing across a wide range of projects. We would be delighted to hear from anyone who meets our essential requirements and could contribute to similar projects to some or all of those listed above.
Skills and Experience
- A graduate or postgraduate degree in a STEM subject, or equivalent qualification and experience.
- Solid understanding of physical principles and data analysis.
- A hands-on attitude to experimentation and problem solving.
- Some experience or aptitude for computer programming (particularly in Python).
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and the value of research clearly to non-specialists, both verbally and in writing.
- Due to the nature of our work, we are unfortunately only able to consider applications from UK nationals or individuals with long-standing residency in the UK.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent research.
- Experience with data analysis and machine learning tools.
- Experience or interest in technical consulting or government science.
- Ability to build relationships with clients.
- Experience of project management, whether in a professional, academic or personal context.
Experience in homeland security is not required, but please describe any relevant experience, background or hobby that supports your interest in Iconal.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of £30,000-£42,500 per annum, exact level commensurate on experience.
- We would expect a new graduate to start on a salary of £30,000.
- A candidate with a recent relevant postgraduate qualification or equivalent industry experience would have a starting salary of at least £32,500.
- We have a transparent pay and progression scale, which we are happy to discuss with candidates at interview.
- An annual profit-share bonus scheme, depending on company performance.
- A company pension scheme, including a 9% employer contribution.
- 25 days’ annual leave and a time-off-in-lieu policy.
- A cycle-to-work scheme.
- Offices and lab space located in north Cambridge (within convenient walking or cycling distance of Cambridge North train station).
- Full support for flexible working – please let us know if you are interested in a principally-remote or part-time position.
We are an equal opportunities employer – we believe in fair and equitable treatment of all candidates, employees and clients.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
If you have any questions before applying, please also send them to the above address. We aim to respond to all applications in around 2 weeks – please follow up if we have not done so.