The University of Cambridge is recognised globally as a renowned centre for research, education and scholarship. We employ more than 12,500 staff in a range of academic, research and professional services roles, all of whom play a key role in maintaining and enhancing our world leading reputation. Our people are our greatest asset, and it is critical to our continued success that we create the right conditions for our people to thrive at Cambridge.
This role is within the Temporary Employment Service (TES) team. The TES team administer the provision of temporary workers to departments and institutions across the collegiate university. The team arrange for temporary workers to take up assignments to cover for short-term staff absences, peak periods and temporary additional work; specialising in office support work such as secretarial, administrative, PA and reception work.
As a TES Administrator at Cambridge, you will undertake key administrative and customer service responsibilities as well as financial and statistical administration. Your main duties will include:
- Assessing and processing worker requests from clients, ensuring all details are correct and all documentation is received.
- Conducting right to work checks.
- Answering queries and explaining TES policies and procedures to clients and workers via email, telephone, video call and face to face.
- Overseeing the shared email inbox.
- Maintaining and updating worker, client and assignment records.
- Issuing assignment paperwork to workers and clients.
- Liaising with the Finance Division on payments received into TES and chasing for outstanding payments. Resolving invoice queries from clients.
- Producing monthly statistical information to enable service monitoring by the TES Manager.
In order to succeed in this role, you will join us with:
- Substantial experience in an administrative role and a good foundation in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- An affinity for process driven work.
- Evidence of strong communication and customer service skills, with the ability to successfully present information through a variety of communication methods.
- An innovative and flexible approach, with the ability to plan your workload over the short to medium term, contributing to wider project work as required.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to expand your experience in administration while contributing to a varied and fast paced HR environment.
Further information about the role and its responsibilities is available via the link below.
Once an offer of employment has been accepted, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure (criminal records) check and a security check.
The University of Cambridge is committed to supporting our staff to thrive both professionally and personally. We aim to support a good work/life balance, whilst retaining the positive aspects of our unique in-person environment and culture. Although hybrid working is supported within the University, the requirements of this role are that the postholder works from the office for the vast majority of their time.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for flexible working arrangements.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to: Helen Dalgleish, TES Manager email: Helen.Dalgleish@admin.cam.ac.uk
Enquiries regarding the application process can be directed to Michelle Talbot, HR Divisional Administrator email: Michelle.Talbot@admin.cam.ac.uk
Closing date: 21 February 2024
Interview date: 28 February 2024
Please quote reference AH40417 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.