Our community is a close-knit, multidisciplinary team of mechanical, electronic and software engineers, synthetic and surface chemists, physicists and biologists.
Precise and accurate control of the temperature at the surface of our MEMS reaction sites is fundamental to our ability to synthesise DNA molecules to the high yield our customers will expect. Our thermal control team have been developing capabilities in modelling heating and cooling solutions, thermometry, and developing production grade PCB and ASIC solutions to implement the instrumentation and closed loop control required to achieve thermal accuracy across all chemical, physical and manufacturing variabilities. Evonetix is looking for someone to augment our skills in thermal control and take us to the next level so we are in the best possible shape to provide DNA synthesis to customers.
This role is ideal for someone who loves all aspects of thermal control systems and has demonstrated the capability to lead the translation of research and development solutions into commercial products.
The interdisciplinary nature of our work means this role will involve direct collaboration with other engineering and scientific groups across multiple workstreams so is ideal for those who value variety in their daily routine.
Evonetix are passionate about developing our staff and we will work with you to enable personal growth and development.
Your Skills and Experience
An inquisitive, analytical mind; a disciplined, systems-thinking approach to development; and a passion for mentoring your colleagues while also learning new skills are personality traits that we value highly.
Essential – you will be keen to demonstrate your experience and ability in these fields of Heat Transfer.
- Lumped element modelling of thermal systems
- Thermometry (e.g. thermocouples, RTDs)
- Scientific/Numerical computing
- Control systems/automation
Desirable – experience in any of these fields will help you settle in quickly.
- Cooling solutions (e.g. thermo-electric and vapour compression chillers)
- Thermal interface materials
- Python (NumPy, SciPy)
- ODE simulations
- Circuit analysis (i.e. lumped element model analogues and power estimation for heating and cooling solutions)
Evonetix offers a comprehensive benefits package and an active Staff Social Committee. The benefits include:
- Equity via the company’s EMI option scheme
- 25 days annual holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Option to join the private medical insurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Membership of LifeWorks wellbeing and support platform
- Exceptional coffee and colleagues who insist on baking vast quantity of cake