Our superb Service Desk team are at the core of Bridge Partners, providing excellent customer service and technical support. Join our team and get ready to make a big impact!
About Bridge Partners
Bridge Partners is an MSP based in Cambridge, providing outsourced IT around the UK and overseas! We provide bespoke onsite & remote support to ground-breaking SMEs in industries like biotechnology, life sciences, and finance. We're all about long-term relationships that embody our core values of Clarity, Partnership, and Quality.
What we can Offer you:
- We are a friendly bunch with passion and ambition. We thrive on teamwork, learning and development.
- We are committed to your personal career growth, and we will provide you with training opportunities to further your technical skills and progress within the business.
- You will be part of our profit share scheme and you will also be able to join our BUPA health insurance and enhanced pension scheme.
- You will receive 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing by one day every 2 years you work with us.
- We are situated only a short walk from Cambridge North train station and local bus routes and offer free onsite parking.
- We encourage our employees to socialise outside of work and organise social events throughout the year such as the Cambridge Lockhouse, Go Karting, Crystal Maze, bowling, BBQ’s and dinners.
- Ready to level up your tech knowledge? As a Trainee Service Desk Engineer, you'll join our extraordinary Service Desk team at our Cambridge headquarters. Brace yourself for top-tier training in administering IT support via email and telephone. You'll become a true IT expert!
- You'll also embark on thrilling project work for our clients, where you'll configure and build client machines and remotely monitor their systems and services. You'll be the tech wizard behind the curtain, making magic happen!
- As you reach a suitable technical level, there will be opportunities for you to progress in the business! You could venture into more technical work, projects, account management, strategic IT advice, and even on-site support.
A day in the life
- Based in our Cambridge office and on a shift rota between 8am and 6.30pm Monday-Friday.
- Providing 1st line support for clients, managing a wide variety of incoming tickets, phone calls, and enquiries.
- Armed with incredible problem-solving skills, you'll diagnose and troubleshoot IT issues through engaging discussions and remote sessions with end users.
- Managing security tasks such as processing new starter and leaver requests, password resets, site permissions etc.
- Monitoring client servers and backup data for anomalous behaviour, and adverse client impact.
- Identifying and troubleshooting client backup failures.
- You'll apply your testing expertise to hardware and software, identifying and analyzing existing problems and applying best practice solutions.
- Installing and configuring a range of hardware and software, both physically and remotely.
What we need from you
- If you love tech, we want to know about it. You do not need a degree in IT, but a basic understanding of how IT works, and the difficulties users face will set you apart.
- The ability to build strong relationships with the team and clients.
- Excellent customer service: you must be a people person with patience and be able to communicate effectively.
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through.
- A willingness to learn and develop your IT skills.
If this sounds like you, send us your CV and apply today!