We're looking for a Content Designer to join our team at University Information Services (UIS).
You'll join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's 60,000 students and staff.
What you'll be working on
We're starting a new phase of work on our web estate. You'll work with stakeholder teams across the University to improve their web presence. We're looking for someone who can manage website projects that start with initial research, analytics and audits, to writing and publishing user-centred content.
You'll have support from a team of content designers who readily share their knowledge and experience, and take part in regular content crits and design sessions.
The person and skills we're looking for
As a Content Designer you will:
- make user journeys the best they can be and choose the best format for displaying information to the user
- scope, write and edit content so it is relevant, understandable and accessible
- manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
- communicate findings to the team and the wider organisation, helping develop empathy for our users and inform evidence-based decisions
- help University institutions adopt and apply new standards to their digital output through training, communications and hands-on support
- help to ensure our digital presence reflects the values of excellence our reputation is built on
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience of writing for online environments, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content.
- Experience of working from start to finish of Agile projects, ideally to Government Digital Service standards
The role details
This position is offered as an 18 month fixed-term contract. You'll be working hybrid with some work undertaken on University premises and some at home. The office is based on the University's West Cambridge Site. The majority of the Content Design Team work remotely and meet in Cambridge occasionally for workshops, team meetings and project work.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please quote reference VC39580 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.