Facilitation Skills Workshop
Facilitation covers all the skills and techniques needed to work effectively with groups to deliver effective outcomes and gain the commitment of those involved. Facilitation skills are essential whether running effective meetings, workshops, solving problems, mediating conflict or gaining consensus to a specific course of action.
This one-day workshop will give you the skills, tools and confidence needed to facilitate effectively. This workshop is appropriate for anyone who needs to work with groups to achieve change and improve effectiveness.
- Understand the role of the facilitator and when to use facilitation
- Understand the different approaches to facilitation
- Be aware of the key attitudes and behaviours needed for effective facilitation
- Have reviewed and practised the basic skills needed to facilitate effectively
- Understand the importance of team dynamics in facilitation
- Be familiar with the key tools and techniques that can be used in facilitation
"Great insight into how I can implement new ways of working."
- What is facilitation?
- Why use a facilitator?
- Contracting - clarifying expectations and outcomes
Understanding approaches to facilitation
- Facilitation skills - self-assessment inventory
- Authoritative v. facilitative approaches
- Key attitudes and behaviours for effective facilitation
The basic skills
- Observation, listening and questioning
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
Understanding team dynamics
- Factors influencing team effectiveness
- Task versus process
- Team development & team roles
The facilitator's toolkit
- Tools and techniques for effective facilitation
|Duration: 1 Day||Credits: 1.8|
|CPD Points: 6.5||Member Cost: £280.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £420.00+VAT|