Effective Online Copywriting for Recruitment
Who should attend?
Members of in-house resourcing teams, plus anyone responsible for writing recruitment copy online.
What’s it about?
This workshop is designed to provide delegates with the skills, tools and techniques they need to write online copy for recruitment campaigns which will:
- Attract better candidates and discourage unsuitable candidates.
- Reduce time-wasting applications and time spent in processing.
- Reduce overall costs and increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.
- Promote your Employer Brand and reputation to engage quality candidates.
- Enable you to compete more effectively in the marketplace.
With a strong practical focus, delegates will create two job ads from their own job descriptions which they are invited to work on during the course.
Using a range of proven techniques including the AIDA advertising model to plan and target each job post, delegates will learn how to follow a step process to write creative and compelling job ads that promote the Employer Brand and Employee Value Proposition to attract the best candidates.
During the course, delegates will write, critique and refine two job ads from job descriptions provided prior to the course so that we can help with ideas and suggestions.
At the end of the course, delegates will know how to quickly convert complex (and sometimes dull) job descriptions into highly compelling, targeted and effective online job ads.
- Pre-course preparation.
- Comprehensive training manuals.
- Certificates of completion.
- Full delegate feedback.
- Post course support.
What will be achieved?
- Understand how to use the AIDA model to prepare job ads.
- Ability to research, plan and write targeted job ads.
- Understand how to extract key elements from a job description.
- How to identify needs of the target audience and search preferences.
- Competency in writing job ads that showcase the employer brand.
- Understand how to adapt language and tone of voice to achieve results.
- Confidence in write highly effective job ads quickly and accurately.
- Benefits of better recruitment copy.
- What makes a good job advertisement?.
- The AIDA Model – Essential elements of an advertisement.
- A suggested copy plan.
- Corporate and cultural selling points.
- Key Rules – Understanding legal implications.
- Writing online recruitment ads.
- Key steps to writing an effective online recruitment ad.
- Step 1 – Identify your target audience.
- Step 2 – Have a clear purpose.
- Step 3 – Plan the structure.
- Exercise 1 – Creating an online recruitment ad (Job Description #1).
- Exercise 2 – Critique and refining your ad.
- Step 4 – Create your content.
- Step 5 – Find your tone of voice.
- Exercise 3 – Creating an online recruitment ad (Job Description #2).
- Exercise 4 – Critique and refining your ad.
“I liked the practical nature of the course and how we were working on real roles. It cut straight to the ‘doing’ and as an activist learner, this was great. The AIDA model was a light bulb moment! The trainer was highly experienced and engaging - and very supportive to all members of the group – giving us confidence to develop our own style.”
“This training course has completely transformed the way we write our recruitment advertising. Every member of our team has completed the course - and everyone has commented on how relevant, stimulating and enjoyable it’s been. I have no hesitation in recommending this training for any in- house recruitment team that wants to learn how to write compelling and targeted copy whilst conveying the employer brand promise”.
|Duration: 1 Day||Member Cost: £830.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £1245.00+VAT|