Inspiring Young People Into STEM
‘In an increasingly STEM-dependent world, it’s essential that all young people see science as something they can engage with, both inside and outside of school’ - Wellcome Trust
We can all play a part in STEM engagement, whether it is in a formal setting through corporate outreach activities or informally whenever opportunities arise. This workshop will give insights into the younger audience and will help you create engaging communications to entice and inspire.
We will cover:
- Fundamental research into effective communication
- Different audiences and their differing interests, expectations and ability to engage
- What works and what doesn’t when engaging with a younger audience
- Objects, demonstrations, magic and busking techniques for grabbing attention
- Opening conversations
- Personal impact and generating a positive first impression
- Interactive communications: questions, objections and challenges
- Involving the disengaged
- Ending strong for lasting messages
This subject is also available for in-house bespoke workshops and may focus on specific engagement activities such as preparing a group to go into a school or to take part at one of the Cambridge public engagement festivals.
Meet the trainer...
|Duration: 2.5 hours||Credits: 0.5|
|Times: 10am - 12.30pm||Member Cost: £80+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £120+VAT|