It is said that ‘variety is the spice of life’ but sometimes the range of people we come across can be really challenging.
As colleagues and professionals, we all must work with each other, and the rewards for doing so are clear. But it can require real understanding and a toolkit of skills to make working with some people a success.
This course will provide new insights and skills to help you manage challenging people and situations.
Personality traits and preferences – different or wrong?
Behavioural flexibility – what it is and how to do it
Hold up the mirror – self-awareness first – is it me?
Behaviours which don’t help
Strategies getting back on track (self and others)
The role of feedback, coaching and support
Peer coaching discussions around particular concerns
Difficult and Different - Session 1
- Introduction (aims and expectations)
- The communication process (my world, my way)
- Models – Needs/expectations/values
- Social styles (underlying motivation/values)
- Personal case study – Group work
- Recognising personal triggers
- Managing myself/others
- Emotion, Truth and Choice
- Building rapport
- Match, pace, lead
- Resolve the conflict
- Discover – Define – Decide
A more flexilble approach - Session 2
- Building long term success
- Begin with the end in mind
- Managing expectations
- Creating a Feedback Culture
- Everyday feedback
- Assertive behaviour
- Using S.A.I.D
- Introduction to Transactional analysis
- Managing the communication flow
Thoroughly enjoyable and very good for the situation at hand.
The virtual course delivery will involve pre-work and an interactive workshop split into 2 x 3 hour sessions. The workshops will encourage group work and action planning as well as case studies and progress reviews.
Face to face course details
|Duration: 1 Day||Member Cost: £320+VAT pp|
|Credits: 2.1||Non-member Cost: £480+VAT pp|
Online Course Details
|Duration: 2 x 3 hours||Member Cost: £290+VAT pp|
|Credits: 1.9||Non-member Cost: £435+VAT pp|
*Membership from £50+VAT per annum - join now and save on training