Motivation Masterclass (Exploring Employee Engagement)
- How can I encourage high levels of motivation and performance within my team?
- I have a team of diverse individuals that all seem to require a different management approach. How do I handle this?
- How do my management strengths create an environment in which my team can be motivated?
Really useful. Particularly enjoy having discussions with other members, talking about specifics and experiences
Engaging course; relevant topics covered at a good depth
Good managers are interested in knowing what they can do to help create an environment in which each member of their team can be motivated and give their best. This can be challenging, as people are very different! This half-day workshop will explore the impact that managers’ behaviour can have, and positive actions that can be taken.
This workshop will therefore explore the impact managers’ behaviour can have on motivation and culture, consciously or otherwise. Similarly, it will look at the significance of the different personalities of our team members, as well as their underlying attitudes and values, particularly with regard to the Psychological Contract. It will also examine organisational environment and job design to understand the contribution they make.
A series of models demonstrating historical and current thinking on the subject of motivation will be included to anchor our discussions. We will also look at some commonly used management tools and processes, and how they can be more or less motivating depending on how they are carried out. Space for personal reflection and action planning will be created throughout the workshop.
The workshop duration is a half day. It will involve:
- Exploring topics through group discussions
- Input from the tutors on concepts, models and techniques
- Time for self-reflection and assessment
- Sharing ideas in pairs and small groups
- Identifying concrete actions to take away
- Welcome, introductions, course overview.
- Exploration of the current challenges that participants are experiencing in motivating their teams.
The Role of the Manager
- The role of a manager in optimising talent and the impact and influence that managers can have (positive and negative) on the motivation of the people around them.
- Initial reflection by participants on what motivates them personally.
Models of Motivation
- The development of thinking on motivation, from the original thinking to the present day, emphasising the key concepts.
- Consideration of how individuals might differ in what motivates them.
- The importance of objective setting and the provision of high-quality feedback, together with balancing support and challenge in managing performance.
- The motivational opportunities afforded by strengths-based approaches.
- Personal reflection: “How can I practically apply some, or all of this thinking to the motivation of my team members?”.
- Revisiting the role that management behaviour plays in shaping organisational culture, and the significance of role modelling: “How can I influence the broader environment to foster high levels of motivation?”.
- Round table sharing of the insights and actions that participants will be taking back to their organisations.
Online course details
|Duration: 2 hours||Credits: 1.3|
|Times: 9.30am - 11.30pm||Member Cost: £195+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £292+VAT|
Face to face course details
|Duration: Half Day||Credits: 1.3|
|Times: 9.30am - 12.30pm||Member Cost: £195.00+VAT|
|Max. Delegates: 12||Non-member Cost: £292.00+VAT|
*Membership from £50+VAT per annum - join now and save on training