Cambridge Ahead has added five more key Cambridge businesses, taking its total membership to 33 organisations. The five new members are Cambridge Consultants, Domino Printing Sciences, Mundipharma International, Red Gate Software, and The Welding Institute.
Cambridge Ahead gains five new members
The five Cambridge businesses have become Full Members, which means they have a seat on the Board, enabling them to express their opinions and give their input into setting and implementing Cambridge Ahead's agenda for the city region.
- Cambridge Consultants is a global product development engineering and technology consultancy firm. It provides outsourced design and development services to both start-ups and blue-chip multinationals that need to develop innovative products.
- Domino Printing Sciences plc is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of digital printing solutions whose products are used for date coding, product marking, serialisation and variable printing onto products in use in everyday life. Its customers are some of the most recognisable brands in healthcare, food, beverage and commercial printing.
- The Mundipharma network of independent associated companies consists of privately owned companies and joint ventures covering the world’s pharmaceutical markets. These companies are committed to bringing to patients the benefits of pioneering treatment options in the core therapy areas of oncology, pain, respiratory and inflammation. They are also committed to independent thinking and ground-breaking solutions.
- Red Gate Software develops tools for database developers and administrators and maintains community websites such as SQL Server Central and Simple Talk through its Simple Talk Publishing subsidiary. 91% of Fortune 100 companies use Red Gate’s software.
- The Welding Institute (TWI) is one of the world’s foremost independent research and technology organisations, with a specialty in joining and fabrication of advanced engineering materials. The organisation has a long history of invention and knowledge transfer and works across all industry sectors and has expertise in all aspects of manufacturing, fabrication and whole-life integrity management technologies.
Welcoming these new members, Jane Paterson-Todd, Cambridge Ahead CEO, said, “It is wonderful to have further endorsement of our purpose and objectives by having these five organisations joining us. Each one is a world-class operator in its respective sector. Cambridge Ahead’s gain is also a gain for the city region as we now have more voices, more expertise and more representation.”
Cambridge Ahead is a business and academic member group dedicated to the successful growth of Cambridge and its region in the long term. We aim to represent the city’s business community by offering soundly-based opinion and advice to local and national governments about the opportunities and needs of the region.