The BP Technology Office is working with Cambridge Cleantech to trawl the highly innovative Cambridge business environment to see which local goods and services may help provide the solutions to some of the company's commercial requirements.
BP trawls for Cambridge tech solutions
The key items on the shopping list include:
- Wearable Computing: Body mounted computing including displays, body sensors, and location.
- Novel Sensors and in particular the need to measure real world parameters, digitise these and analyse the results across many domains
- Innovations around personnel and asset location detection
- Video Analytics: Intelligent interpretation of imagery
- Robotics: Automated inspection and maintenance purposes, on land sea or sky.
An event is being held at The Future Business Centre in Cambridge on the 3rd of July 2014. For more information please visit: http://www.cambridgecleantech.org.uk/events-bp-technology-office-bp-ventures
Martin Garratt, CEO of Cambridge Cleantech comments that “we are delighted to be working with BP who are one of our Associate Founder members to help them navigate the Cambridge hi-tech scene and discover some new technologies, innovations and products which may help the company in its commercial activities. For our range of dynamic, innovative local members, it is a chance to promote their goods and meet the buyers from a major UK corporate. It really is a win-win”.
Cambridge Cleantech is the members’ organisation supporting the growth of environmental goods and services or “cleantech” companies in Greater Cambridge and beyond.