The Centre for EO Instrumentation and Space Technology (CEOI-ST) recently hosted its fourth Biennial Technology Showcase at Hamilton House in London. This year’s event was organised by Qi3, as a part of an industry engagement programme and brought together over 80 delegates from a wide variety of industries, institutions and government for an exciting morning which included a schedule of formal presentations, exhibitions and networking.
The CEOI-ST hosts its fourth Biennial Technology Showcase in London
The event provided a great opportunity to catch up with the latest Earth observation (EO) instrumentation technologies and highlighted potential areas for licensing, collaboration and supply.
Following an introductory talk on the CEOI-ST, future technology challenges and collaborative opportunities from Mick Johnson, Director of CEOI-ST, the seven speakers delivered presentations on:
- Optical and Quantum Technologies for Earth Observation at the European Space Agency (Bruno Leone – ESA)
- Airborne Synthetic Aperture Radar technologies and product generation – Relevance to Spaceborne Systems (Geoff Burbidge – Airbus DS Ltd)
- Adhesive free bonding: from academic origin to industrial application (Christian Killow – University of Glasgow)
- UK Technology Development for Spaceborne Atmospheric Limb-Sounding Missions (Brian Moyna – STFC RALSpace)
- New UK developments in THz technology for Earth observation (Edmund Linfield – University of Leeds; Simon Rea – STFC RALSpace)
- ESA Technology Transfer Activities within the UK (Matthew Edwards – ESA TTO)
The event was highly interactive, and opened opportunities for the future collaborations.
Presentations from CEOI-ST Space Technology Showcase and further information about the CEOI-ST and its technologies can be found via the following link.
Qi3 is a specialist technology commercialisation business that provides high-tech start ups, large technology corporations, universities and government with hands-on sales, marketing and business development support. Our core expertise is in applying professional commercial disciplines to technology products and services. Our new Qi3 Accelerator offers risk investment and support to accelerate companies to first orders and rapid sales expansion.