At the first in a new series of industry-partnered events, PraxisUnico brings expert practitioners from the commercial and public sectors together to share best practice in building strong, successful academic-industry partnerships.
PraxisUnico events drive academic-industry partnerships
With the opportunity to hear about data analytics, intelligent information systems, setting strategic priorities, funding opportunities and more, this event is a fantastic opportunity for University staff working in Business Development, Knowledge Transfer and Corporate Relations roles to increase their knowledge and extend networks. Places are strictly limited and available on a first-come first-serve basis.
This event, in association with BT, will take place on Wednesday 14 January 2015 at Adastral Park near Ipswich.
Who should attend?
The PraxisUnico ‘Driving academic-industry partnerships….’ event-series is designed to aid the work of University staff working in Business Development, Knowledge Transfer and Corporate Relations roles, where the development of research-based collaborations and consortium between government, academia, and industry is key; as is the identification and generation of successful funding bids, collaborations and research-led activities between academia and external partners.
Why should I attend?
- Increase your knowledge of the strategic industry priorities in each sector, with further insights on how the priorities are being addressed
- Hear examples of successful academic-industry collaborations, gain further understanding of the methods of collaboration and the reasons for their success
- Hear about the strategic priorities of the government research funders active in this sector
- Expand your network by making new contacts
Speakers and sessions will include:
- Data Analytics - Simon Thompson, Head of Big Data Research, BT
- Working with Industry on Intelligent Information Systems - Professor Trevor Martin, University of Bristol
- Software Defined Everything - Joe Baguley, Chief Technology Officer, VMware
- Strategic Priorities, Case Studies and Funding Opportunities - Vivienne Blackstone, Senior Portfolio Manager, ICT, EPSRC
- UK Innovation Support for ICT – the Strategy & Delivery - Jonathan Mitchener, ICT, Lead Technologist, Innovate UK; Ian Osborne, Senior Manager for Information and Communications Technologies, The Knowledge Transfer Network Limited
A limited number of places will be available to attend the BT showcase at the end of the day (max. 30 people). The BT Showcase is a series of real life scenarios where technology is key to taking new innovations to market. Tours take approximately 45 minutes, places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis (opt-in during registration process)
£200 early bird (closes Friday 5th December)
£250 standard rate (from Monday 8th December)
Registration: 09:45 – 10:30
Close: 4.00pm (optional showcase tour)
See event programme for further details
Venue: For further details about, and directions to Adastral Park click here
Accommodation: For details of accommodation in the local area click here
PraxisAuril is the UK’s leading association of research commercialisation professionals, representing more than 100 UK universities and public sector research establishments.