Johnson Matthey's staff at Royston were given an opportunity this week to meet a representative from SGOSS (The School Governors' One-Stop Shop) to discuss the vital voluntary work carried out by School Governors in the UK and to learn about the large number of vacancies that exist across the country.
Your country needs YOU (to be a school governor)!
To quote the SGOSS website;
"Being a governor is an enormously challenging and rewarding opportunity. The personal benefits can be summarised as;
- A sense of satisfaction through knowing children will benefit from your efforts
- The opportunity to develop new skills and to strengthen existing ones
- The opportunity to work with people from a variety of social, cultural and religious backgrounds
- The opportunity to gain understanding in key areas such as finance, personnel, and strategic planning
- The opportunity to gain awareness of the education system as a whole
"Through solving problems ranging from finance to site management, human resources to marketing, pupil welfare to curriculum development, every governor is guaranteed to broaden their skills and knowledge in some way, and this can be enhanced through training offered by Local Authorities."
Anyone interested on a personal level or any companies who could host a SGOSS visit are invited to have a look at the website http://www.sgoss.org.uk/home/
Johnson Matthey is a leader in sustainable technologies. Many of the group’s products enhance the quality of life of millions through their beneficial impact on the environment, human health and wellbeing